Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EGW U Die 9mm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They had a bad run of U dies some time back, not sure if they fixed the problem yet? I went through 3 of them that were not machined right? Dont bother with it the Dillon sizer works more than great and all I shoot is Glocks and rds always case gauge with out a problem.

Edited by WildWest N AZ

They had a bad run of U dies some time back, not sure if they fixed the problem yet? I went through 3 of them that were not machined right? Dont bother with it the Dillon sizer works more than great and all I shoot is Glocks and rds always case gauge with out a problem.

That's fine if you only shoot Glocks, but it won't work in some other guns. The standard Lee resizing die does a good job, that will work for most guns, but not all. For those guns with really tight chambers, the U-die can be the right answer.

Can these be purchased from any of our vendors or are they a direct from EGW purchase only?

The ONLY vendor I've seen is EGW. I believe they contract LEE to make them and then EGW sells em.

Can these be purchased from any of our vendors or are they a direct from EGW purchase only?

The ONLY vendor I've seen is EGW. I believe they contract LEE to make them and then EGW sells em.

Lots of places carry them... Henning usually has them as well. Check the Benos dealer forums for his website.

BTW, I've gone thru 2 of them for 9mm, both not right from Lee.

Alan