Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA sent me somone else's squadding pin#

I've tried to email USPSA, but they keep bouncing back. I'm sure Mark would want his pin # if I can get it to him. Anyone know him, pass my cell and email to him.

gmantwo@logonbasic.com 573-421-0395

I've tried to email USPSA, but they keep bouncing back. I'm sure Mark would want his pin # if I can get it to him. Anyone know him, pass my cell and email to him.

gmantwo@logonbasic.com 573-421-0395

So far at least 4 people received that same email....besides me! :lol:

They sent me another pin last night.

That was my goof. An uninitialized variable in the code that sends out the squadding pin for self-squadding caused the message destined for the previous shooter to be sent out when a shooter was not due a message (most typically because they were already in the system).

I don't believe the system failed to send out the squadding/PIN notices, but some people got copies they should not.

Now you know why USPSA has a policy that we NEVER process credit card numbers on the USPSA server. Anything with credit card numbers is off-loaded to reputable vendors that specialize in secure commerce.

That was my goof. An uninitialized variable in the code that sends out the squadding pin for self-squadding caused the message destined for the previous shooter to be sent out when a shooter was not due a message (most typically because they were already in the system).

I don't believe the system failed to send out the squadding/PIN notices, but some people got copies they should not.

Now you know why USPSA has a policy that we NEVER process credit card numbers on the USPSA server. Anything with credit card numbers is off-loaded to reputable vendors that specialize in secure commerce.

I tell people all the time.... INITIALIZE variables!!!! funny things can happen when you dont't and leave it to the system to play with...

:cheers:

Edited by pas44

I tell people all the time.... INITIALIZE variables!!!! funny things can happen when you dont't and leave it to the system to play with...

I did, but it was outside the loop that checked to see if each shooter was to receive a message rather than at the inside top of the loop. As a result, if nothing triggered the sending of a message, the string variable I used to contain the message remained set and was sent. It also meant that, as far as the code was concerned, the variable was not "uninitialized" and did not generate run time errors in the log.

A more accuarate description would be "failed to re-initialize".