Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-Tech mag pouch

kv501

I am a new shooter who will be shooting his first match on April 18th. I have just about all of the equipment I need except for mag pouches (I have searched and read quite a bit on the forum, but my question is about a specific pouch that I wan't able to find reference to).

Here is my question/situation:

I have ordered two of these pouches (M&P 9 Pro) from recommedations I have read here. However, looking through the forums more I am seeing that I will be needing at least 4 mags on my belt so I need to order 2 more. At $32 a piece plus shipping, this is a lot of money for me for 2 more pouches, and I found the Millenium Series also by Blade-Tech. I am wondering if anyone here has tried these, and how they work compared to the more expensive standard model.

It looks to me like they would work just fine for me (they have Tek Lok just like the more expensive pouches, and they also have adjustable tensioners. If any of you guys or gals have used these before and had good luck I'd like to just cancel my current order and just order 4 of the Millenium Series pouches.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Also, I'd like to say thanks to everyone and to Brian for hosting a site like this. I am a longtime reloader and pistol shooter but have never competed, and I can honestly say that I would never have been able to prepare myself for practical shooting (as prepared as I can get at this point) without the help and info in these forums. What you guys do here is a great service to new shooters, and I don't think I'd ever have attempted joining USPSA or shooting a match without them. I can see how someone trying to go in cold with no preparation could get overwhelmed and give up. Thanks again, and let me know what you think on the pouches.

kv501

Firtst off--- Welcome to the site

Now on to the mags pouches. Blade Tech makes good stuff.

Order what you can afford, the millenium should last quite a while. They are a new item so many here may not have tried them yet. but the other millenium products have been around and there arent many complaints about them

I have 2 of the fancy ones, one of the others, plus a double Uncle Mikes on my belt. The fancy ones cant, the others do not. I run two canted in front, then the other behind that, then the double. I think this works fine for my current skill level.

Good Luck!

Welcome to the brian's forums.

Blade Tech makes good stuff, but if your on a budget try Uncle Mikes. I have 2 Uncle Mikes Doubles for almost 3 years now and very happy with them.

LP