Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Geissele Triggers

David Sinko

Competition is a healthy thing. I'm glad that there are numerous MFG of triggers/FCG out there. Ultimately, a lot of this is a Ford vs Chevy, or Toyota type of subjective argument. There's no accounting for personal perception and feel. I wish more MFG would dance with who brung them though. MFG like JP are to be commended for supporting the shooting sports. Small MFG like JP & large MFG like Glock know that by putting something back into the community, they build customer loyalty and maybe get a lifelong customer out of the deal.

Edited by johnnywitt

To be perfectly clear, JP is not an inferior company, nor is their trigger anything other than superior.

In my experience its definately inferior to the Geissele. I have Geissele's in all my AR's except my 22 lr practice gun. They have all proven to be reliable and have great pulls. The JP I had was great until it failed after a few thousand rounds. Maybe I have a bad one or perhaps the guy who fitted it at JP was new. Who knows. I just know it failed and my Geissele's have not. JP is one of the better triggers out there for feel but I will take a Geissele any day over it.

When it comes to supporting the sport. Its great and if I have two equal products to chose from and one company supports the sport I will give it the nod. But quality and performance comes first. I have nothing against JP as a company and I have bought parts from them. But in this area my personal experience with Geissele has made me a loyal customer.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I installed a Geissele DMR trigger in one of my rifles and am acclimating myself to the 2-stage behavior of the trigger. So far, so good.

When practicing/shooting do you folks tend to consciously take up the 1st stage slack, then pull through the second stage with trigger prep? Or do you just go whole hog and pull the trigger when you have the sight picture that you want?

When running some forward shoot-on-the-move dry runs this evening I noticed that whenever I would take up the first stage slack and prep the trigger, my dot/sights would begin to bounce around laterally. However, when I just pulled through during a good sight picture I found that my sights were able to get on target faster with MUCH less lateral movement - pretty much the proverbial vertical movement was what I saw.

Is this shooter doing something drastically wrong?

I run a JP trigger in my competition AR and a Geissele in a DPMS 308 LR. There is no comparing the two. They are both great triggers for what their function is, but I personally would not consider having a two stage trigger in competition. Frankly, I slap the trigger at times on the AR and in my personal competition shooting world the Geisselle would be a waste of money. It is the sweetest two stage trigger on the planet though; I love it on the 308.

To be perfectly clear, JP is not an inferior company, nor is their trigger anything other than superior.

In my experience its definately inferior to the Geissele. I have Geissele's in all my AR's except my 22 lr practice gun. They have all proven to be reliable and have great pulls. The JP I had was great until it failed after a few thousand rounds. Maybe I have a bad one or perhaps the guy who fitted it at JP was new. Who knows. I just know it failed and my Geissele's have not. JP is one of the better triggers out there for feel but I will take a Geissele any day over it.

pat - sorry to hear about the JP trigger that doubled on you. my experience with their triggers has been positive, but stuff happens. what was JP's response when you got in touch w/them about it? i've always had great customer service from them.

-jared

pat - sorry to hear about the JP trigger that doubled on you. my experience with their triggers has been positive, but stuff happens. what was JP's response when you got in touch w/them about it? i've always had great customer service from them.

-jared

They were fine. They re adjusted it and it ran after that but I never fully trusted it so I sold it. My Geissele's have never failed. They are only of the only good AR triggers I have tried that have stood the test of time. I have tried Knight Armament trigger, It did not double it lost tension in the disconnector screw and would not allow the gun to fire. I adjusted it and got it running again but sold it. I had issues with Armalites Match Trigger that came stock on mY AR10. I tried a set trigger from a companies name who I forget about 10 years ago. It doubled after a few thousand rounds. The Geissele triggers are the firsts ones I have tried that have kept running even past the 5k mark.

Pat

I run a JP trigger in my competition AR and a Geissele in a DPMS 308 LR. There is no comparing the two. They are both great triggers for what their function is, but I personally would not consider having a two stage trigger in competition. Frankly, I slap the trigger at times on the AR and in my personal competition shooting world the Geisselle would be a waste of money. It is the sweetest two stage trigger on the planet though; I love it on the 308.

I love a 2 stage trigger on my work and competition guns. Different strokes for different folks. I would not want to have different triggers on my guns. That screws with muscle memory. I want each of my Ar's to have a trigger as close to the same as possible.

Pat

somebody spell the word Geissele phonetically for me please, is it pronounced jezzelle, or gicelle or what???

I have on in my OBR, and do not know how to pronounce it.

Trapr

I have read that it is pronounced "Guys Lee". Don't know for a fact if that is correct.

eggsellent!!!!! so its settled then,..........I can call it whatever I want. :devil:

it is funny though how the answers I've received from a supposedly very simple question have been so varied and different, and one cannot draw any solid conclusions from any of the replies. :lol:

Trapr

I just called them and asked for a definitive answer from the horses mouth...............................................wait for it.................................wait for it.........................and the winner is.................wait for it.............................guys lee

Edited by bigbrowndog