Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot My First Ipsc Match Today!!!

PistolPete

I know a lot of you wanted a follow up about how my match went today so here goes:

1st off I had so much fun!!! Prob. the most fun you can have with your clothes on. HEHE It was an indoor match at the Smith and Wesson Academy and there was 5 stages including a classifier. We had to shoot prone, kneeling, strong handed, weak handed, around barricades, swingers, some steel targets, a plate rack, and a Texas Star.

Let me just say if you haven't shot a Texas Star it is a real challenge. That was my most difficult stage. The same stage also had the plate rack which I didn't have any problems on and 3 IPSC targets requiring 6 shots on each. Talk about a fun stage. It took a few misses on the Texas Star to finally get all five plates but other than that I did really well.

Over all I'm extremely happy with my results. I didn't break any records but I was safe, shot mostly A's with very decent times. The R.O.'s commented that I was one of the best rookie shooters he's seen. Everyone was more than helpful and very friendly and I can't wait to do it again.

Thanks for everyones help.

Pete

Prob. the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

I have never shot a match in the nude, is that more fun then ? :P

One of local match directors has a stage designed where you start in the shower nude. Problem is not getting Pam Anderson to show and shoot, its getting me and other shooters there to have a match. I can barely handle looking at these guys in shorts and not getting sick. :lol::lol:

Sounds good Pete :D

Whilst not a compulsory "nude" stage we did at one time use an old stream bed to delineate the course of fire. On occasion the waters returned and some of the foolhardy/exhibitionist/desperate etc used to strip down to underwear and boots plus gun and cartridge belt. Not pretty.