Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammunition no longer allowed on Airplanes in EU

Based on my reading of COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 185/2010 of 4 March 2010, as of April 29, 2010 ammunition is no longer allowed in checked bagagge in the EU. This will have major impacts on competitive shooters and sport hunters. The entire regulation can be found here - http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2010:055:0001:0055:EN:PDF. The important section is Section 5, specifically Attachment 5B.

ATTACHMENT 5-B

HOLD BAGGAGE

LIST OF PROHIBITED ARTICLES

Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles in their hold baggage:

explosives and incendiary substances and devices — explosives and incendiary substances and devices capable of being used to

cause serious injury or to pose a threat to the safety of aircraft, including:

— ammunition,

— blasting caps,

— detonators and fuses,

— mines, grenades and other explosive military stores,

— fireworks

Anyone up for a cruise? It guess when bidding on a world shoot from now on you will have to prove that you have enough volunteers to load ammo to competitors specs. Would it honestly be that hard to do. :roflol:

I knew I didn't like Europe for reason.

I guess ammo will have to be shipped or air-freighted, if that's still legal. It's not as if that's ever been a problem at previous world shoots..... :ph34r: :ph34r:

That is going to be a problem. I feel for competitive shooters in EU…

As for the World Shoot that is going to be a huge problem too. Maybe if the flight originates from US flying into EU you can take the ammo with you but you can’t bring it back? Crap! I was hoping to go to the World Shoot…

Our problem could also be their problem as well ..... in terms of American IPSC/USPSA matches (such as the Florida Open) which draw lots of international competitors, perhaps they won't be able to bring ammo into our country by plane anymore. :unsure:

I just (dis)like that someone thinks loaded ammo is as dangerous as explosives, blasting caps and mines. I know I always travel with a mine or two in my luggage. Doesn't everybody? :rolleyes:

Could be your post was a duplicate to the already existing post on the IPSC Global Village and was removed. This topic does exist on the IPSC Village under Other Business > Politics regarding firearms.

I just (dis)like that someone thinks loaded ammo is as dangerous as explosives, blasting caps and mines. I know I always travel with a mine or two in my luggage. Doesn't everybody? :rolleyes:

Oh oh ..... It's the "No-Fly List" for you now!!! :):roflol:

Edited by Chris Keen