Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Novak cut to Bomar

want2race

I have a Novak cut, but really like Bomars better. I don't like any of the adjustables for Novaks that are currently out there.

Anybody else wish there was a Bomar that would fit into a Novak cut (modified)? Or am I chasing a pink elephant?

I'm leaning towards pink elephant ;)

Seriously, I know someone who did the mods from a Novak to a Bomar style RS.

The dovetail is wider than a Novak, and so a shim was made to fill the gap.

It's not very clear on the picture, but you see it's doable.

post-1108-126891878993_thumb.jpg

I just put an LPA cut Bomar type sight on a Para what had what I think was a Novak cut. The LPA has the dovetail farther to the rear than the traditional Bomar. All you ahve th do is mill the top of the slide in front of the dovetail. This is that I used.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After the new year I will be updating my Work Order Pages, it will include the novak conversion. All one has to do is send in your slide with the Bo-mar sight cut checked off and it will get the conversion.

Rich

After the new year I will be updating my Work Order Pages, it will include the novak conversion. All one has to do is send in your slide with the Bo-mar sight cut checked off and it will get the conversion.

Rich

I have a Caspian that has a Heine cut can you do that one? http://www.sashooter.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=713&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Edited by CocoBolo