Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Adjustable sights

mike4045

I just got them on and installed them. They are a big upgrade over the tru glo sights I had. Throw the gun up and you can't help but see these. I would have tried them years ago, if I had known they were this easy to see.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got them on and installed them. They are a big upgrade over the tru glo sights I had. Throw the gun up and you can't help but see these. I would have tried them years ago, if I had known they were this easy to see.

What did you use for a front sight?

Any pictures avail?

I cannot get the Dawson web site to come up.

Thanks

Ken

Today I Ordered for my G34, the Adjustable Rear with Fiber Optic and the corresponding size F/O Front sight.

Green in Front, Red in Rear ... should yield fast target acquisition in daylight .... they suggested the thinner front sight which will allow for a little open space on each side when sighting.

This will be my set up for IDPA Matches for the 6-7 mos. of the year that we are outdoors.

When I pick up a G17 (4th Gen) I anticipate putting on these same sights but with the Tritium instead of FO. They told me their Tritium Sights are from Trijicon and if you look at their Front Sights it actually says Trijicon on it.

This will be my setup for the 4-5 mos of the year that we are restricted to the Indoor Range where lighting is such that FO Sights just don't show up.

Ken

I have the adjustable plain black rear and the .100" wide fiber optic front with the green insert on my G35. I LOVE these sights.

This is the exact same configuration I use. Best...sights...ever.

I have the adjustable plain black rear and the .100" wide fiber optic front with the green insert on my G35. I LOVE these sights.

This is the exact same configuration I use. Best...sights...ever.

I debated that same option but decided to try the red FO inserts on the Rear to make the Green Front really pop. Plan is; if I don't like the red rear I can always put something black on the FO Rods; either a temporary black tape or a more permanent paint or black marker to block the light from entering the FO Rod and then they'd look black just like they do in low light on the Indoor Range.

Edited by ctkenc