Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Murder investigation

Flexmoney

Since y'all like the show so much, if my TV will tune it in I'll check it out Thursday. (It wll be my first TV show on my TV in maybe 20+ years.)

Since in AZ we are not on daylight savings time, does anyone know what time it will air here if it's on at 9 ET?

I goggled and got this fascinating link. But I'm still not dead certain.

From this (on that page):

On Major U.S. Networks, 8/7 Central Means:

8 Eastern

7 Central

7 Mountain

8 Pacific

7 Alaska

Since we're on Pacific Time, I'd guess 8.

be

No dont watch the evil TV Brian, its addictive!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not, I am still waiting on a ballistics match...BUT, I'll tell you the story anyway...

In Jan of this year I got a murder case wherein a "bootleg" cabbie was shot and killed during a robbery. A couple weeks later a person was arrested with a .357 revolver and he told the arresting officers he bought the gun from a guy who shot someone with it.

They brought him to me and I interviewed him. He tied it all back into the case of the cab driver. I sent the gun to our crime lab for ballistic analysis as there was a projectile recovered from the autopsy.

I am pretty tight with the firearms examiner and he called to let me know that of the 6 cartridges in the gun when it was recovered, 3 were Privi 158gr LRN. That particular projectile is a little unusual in that it has a concave or dished base and he was having trouble coming up with additional ammunition to test fire. He could tell the bullet was consistent between the 3 Privi cartridges and the autopsy bullet but as there is not a lot of identifying information imparted on the autopsy bullet he needs to fire a couple rounds from each cylinder to attempt to match the recovered bullet to that gun specifically.

I then (with Flex's help) posted here and somebody pointed me to Widener's where I found and ordered a matching box of ammunition.

My examiner has been swamped but is currently working on the testing.

The good news is I found another witness and was able to get the murderer indicted a couple weeks ago.

As to the show...It is pretty good TV although I am not at all comfortable seeing myself on TV. I always know when they show my reruns as people stop me on the street to mention it.

Anyway, Thank you to everyone who helped! :cheers: :cheers:

Colin

Excellent work, Mr. V! Glad to hear the process came to a logically just conclusion.I still watch The First 48 re-runs and manage to catch new nuances with each episode.

I had a county deputy detective friend here a few years ago (before he retired) and these guys not only work hard when the sun is up, but are called out in the middle of the night--any night--and that's got to be a tad inconvenient sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you all know, the ammunition I bought (which this thread helped me find) allowed the firearms examiner to conclusively match the revolver to the projectile recovered from my victim.

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!! :cheers:

Colin