Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why do you shoot matches?

Sandro

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one tonight? I like the crowd.

They're the guys who pointed me in the direction of this forum. I owe the member who did some work on my Glock 35 this weekend some fajitas or whatever La Parilla serves. Put 200 rounds through it yesterday - wow!

I shoot matches because I need the practice.

Joined the USPSA yesterday. Now that I have the rules down and am settling into the sport, I want to see where I land after the next few classifiers.

Thanks.

Mike

Edited by Stuntman Mike

AlamoShooter had the answer closest to mine. While I don't like being in the middle of the pack, not being #1 doesn't crush me or motivate me much, either. I very much dislike not using what I thought I'd learned, not managing adrenaline and stress levels. I very much like not making a mistake repeatedly.

I shoot matches mostly because there is no other practical way for me to learn how to shoot while moving, to shoot at moving targets (no matter how senseless they might be from a practical perspective) and to just shoot when my brain wants me to do a bunch of other dumb stuff instead.

For me it's the top three and relish when the 4th one happens. However beating someone else isn't as big a deal as beating myself as in seeing improvement. For me there's nothing worse than not improving and nothing better than doing better than last time.

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

For me there's nothing worse than not improving and nothing better than doing better than last time.

Terry

This is why matches are incredibly fun and frustrating at the same time. But that's why I do it, for the challenge of improving...well, that and the fame and fortune.