Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Carry Piece: Colt Cobra

doc540

WOW! Now that's really nice. :cheers:

Thanks

yes, that's the original finish in blue

The frame's aluminum and the barrel and cylinder are steel so the camera makes them look a little different. In reality, the whole gun's the same shade of blue.

Doc,

Absolutely love the grips. Tell me about them. I have not heard of Jim Badger. What type of wood, what is his turn around time, and if you don't mind me asking the price? Does he have a website? Do the grips extend below the bottom of the frame? I have used a lot of Craig Spiegel grips on my snubbies and his are flush with the bottom. Thanks!

Doc,

Absolutely love the grips. Tell me about them. I have not heard of Jim Badger. What type of wood, what is his turn around time, and if you don't mind me asking the price? Does he have a website? Do the grips extend below the bottom of the frame? I have used a lot of Craig Spiegel grips on my snubbies and his are flush with the bottom. Thanks!

www.badgercustomgrips.com

Just give him a call and tell him what you want.

Those are rosewood, but he also has silver black.

He should have some in stock for $69.95 plus a few bucks shipping.

They slightly cover the bottom of the frame, but he'll shave them as thin as you want.

This is his standard cut:

DSCN0533-1.jpg

Here's a set of silver blacks that he cut ultra thin for me:

ColtCobra008-1.jpg

Thanks for the info. I will check him out. It looks from your initial pictures that he has the grips well relieved for speedloader use. Have run into a problem with some grips because they weren't and had subsequent hang-ups.

Yes, if you ask him he'll relieve the left side panel for speedloaders. That's exactly what he did on that rosewood set.

Pretty guns are nice.

Ugly ones are better for me so's I don't spend time worrying about them.

agentrig2.jpg

Those are Eagle Secret Service rosewoods (love my lumber) modified to better clear K Comp loaders, and that's a Mika Pocket holster underneath.

Edited by Cherryriver