Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New shooter in NC

Melinda

Hi to all the new folks out there in the forum. I've only been into shooting for about three months now, and I'm having the best time of my life!! Bought my first gun about four weeks ago, and I'm so proud :D I started out shooting a S&W 686 revolver (graciously loaned to me by John Z Sr) which I enjoyed but found mastering reloads with a speed loader a challenge indeed, so now I'm shooting a Glock 17. I've made the rounds in ICORE, IDPA, and USPSA, and will be shooting in the USPSA SC Section match in April. I can't hardly wait!

Edited by Melinda

Hello!

Are you shooting Sir Walter this weekend? (Saturday) My wife and I plan on being there. She is a Glock woman too!

BP

YES! I've been to Sir Walter several times with John, he'll be shooting his S&W 625. My first visit in November was just as a spectator. We missed December due to weather, went in January and John shot but it was absolutely too windy and cold for me, then last month was cancelled - again due to weather. So, this will be my first time shooting there and I'm really looking forward to it. John and I shot USPSA at Pitt Co Wildlife Club this past Saturday and I had a ball! Just a few weeks of shooting a Glock has (I think) had a drastic impact on my improvement already. Lots more Alphas and Charlies, lot less Deltas and Mikes! Hope we'll see you there. The weather - unless the forecast changes - looks like it's going to be great. Do you shoot there often?

Glad you are enjoying shooting, it is always great to see new shooters, especialy ladies. You have a great guy teaching and helping you. I shoot both Pitt and SW and have even shot on your squad a couple of times. Lets keep our fingers crossed for good weather Sat at SW. Again, welcome to the action shooting community and best of luck to you.

Glad you are enjoying shooting, it is always great to see new shooters, especialy ladies. You have a great guy teaching and helping you. I shoot both Pitt and SW and have even shot on your squad a couple of times. Lets keep our fingers crossed for good weather Sat at SW. Again, welcome to the action shooting community and best of luck to you.

Hey Rob! Thanks, and yes - I certainly remember being squadded with you a time or two, you're an awesome shooter. I want to say thanks to you and all the other exceptional folks I've had the fortune to meet at these different matches, because everyone has been very welcoming and helpful and patient. If not for John I probably never would have gotten into shooting, because having no prior experience at it, not knowing any other shooters, and also being a woman, I would have been very intimidated by all you guys who are so phenomenal. But now I feel very at ease and it's great to also feel everyone wants to see you do well, and you're among friends. Sir Walter is going to be a great time! I'm sure we'll see you there, and best of luck to you too.

Melinda, welcome to BrianEnos.com. :)

GREAT avatar.

Thanks Duane, for the welcome into the forums. Up to now I've been doing mostly reading, not really any posting, trying to learn from the advice and input of others; just being a sponge, absorbing information... At this point everything is new to me, and I'm trying acclimate myself to all the mental, physical, and mechanical aspects of shooting. But I'm getting there, bit by bit, match by match, and I'm determined to become a really good, solid, strong shooter. If you have any advice or help to offer, I'd gladly welcome it!

Hello!

Are you shooting Sir Walter this weekend? (Saturday) My wife and I plan on being there. She is a Glock woman too!

BP

YES! I've been to Sir Walter several times with John, he'll be shooting his S&W 625. My first visit in November was just as a spectator. We missed December due to weather, went in January and John shot but it was absolutely too windy and cold for me, then last month was cancelled - again due to weather. So, this will be my first time shooting there and I'm really looking forward to it. John and I shot USPSA at Pitt Co Wildlife Club this past Saturday and I had a ball! Just a few weeks of shooting a Glock has (I think) had a drastic impact on my improvement already. Lots more Alphas and Charlies, lot less Deltas and Mikes! Hope we'll see you there. The weather - unless the forecast changes - looks like it's going to be great. Do you shoot there often?

Sorry for the late response. I was doing some manly things ....watching American Idol with the Mrs! :surprise:

If we make it Saturday it will be our first time there. We have heard nothing but great things concerning the club and people. We live in southern Maryland and mostly shoot in our area. (Fredericksberg, St Charles, ESPS, and York). Sir Walter will be between a 4.5 to 5 hour drive.

We have been at this a year and plan to travel and shoot more areas. We are HOOKED on this sport and look for an excuse to shoot. Geez, we even built a range in our back yard!

Please look for us. My wife is Cindi and I am Steve Thomas. Look for the pretty lady with the big smile. (I am the tall ugly one) :rolleyes:

As of now we are coming. The only thing that will hold us back is a horse. She is due any day now and Cindi needs to be there to help out. (unless the horse turns up missing :devil: )

Steve

Hello!

BP

Sorry for the late response. I was doing some manly things ....watching American Idol with the Mrs! :surprise:

If we make it Saturday it will be our first time there. We have heard nothing but great things concerning the club and people. We live in southern Maryland and mostly shoot in our area. (Fredericksberg, St Charles, ESPS, and York). Sir Walter will be between a 4.5 to 5 hour drive.

We have been at this a year and plan to travel and shoot more areas. We are HOOKED on this sport and look for an excuse to shoot. Geez, we even built a range in our back yard!

Please look for us. My wife is Cindi and I am Steve Thomas. Look for the pretty lady with the big smile. (I am the tall ugly one) :rolleyes:

As of now we are coming. The only thing that will hold us back is a horse. She is due any day now and Cindi needs to be there to help out. (unless the horse turns up missing :devil: )

Steve

I'm not surprised that you'd heard excellent things about Sir Walter. It is a fantastic venue, and there is always a big turn out of people.

And I completely understand your comment about being HOOKED. Unfortunately I don't have room to build a range in my back yard, but I do get home from work and practice dry firing every night during the week for at least 30 minutes B)

I'll be there with John Zaczek and his son Johnny. By the way, I don't know what you shoot or where you get your ammo, but John reloads and would probably have anything you might want or need - if you're interested. As long as I'm with him I know I'll never have to worry about running out of bullets ;) Were you in service? I gathered by your profile picture you might have been. You and John may have a thing or two in common, he was in the Marines and the Coast Guard.

Hope we'll see you and Cindi there, look forward to meeting you both!

Thanks for the offer but I mentioned we are HOOKED! I have a 1050 and 550 now! :D Now if he has primers we may talk.... ;)

Marines and Coast Guard? Wow that about covers it all. Yes, I was a career Navy man. The picture is of me giving my son, 2ndLT Josh Thomas USMC, his first salute. (I'm just a little proud)

Glock Chick? Funny! Thats what I call Cindi. She loves that darn thing. I have a love hate relationship with Glock...I hate them but I love the fact they run!

We are keeping our fingers crossed for Saturday!

John - look forward to meeting you too! Since you were in the Coast Guard, I will talk slow when we meet! :D

Looks like this new "Glock Chick" is hooked, I can remember back when it was shoot 6 go "click" reload and scare the steel !!! Keep up the great work

Hooked, babe, is putting it mildly. You know me, and it's getting obsessive :goof: I recall those shoot 6, go click, reload times a bit differently... it was shoot 6 (hopefully not most of them in the dirt...), at the click then everybody take a nap while I fumble around trying to reload, then try to ignore the steel plates and poppers as they laughed because they all knew they weren't going down! :lol: Hey man, ya gotta laugh and keep it fun. And oh boy, I can hardly wait to experience my first episode of trigger freeze!! (Just make sure you're filming it, ok??) Thanks for everything hon, you know I love you :wub:

Melinda, Welcome but your addiction is just starting especially hanging around with JOHN Z :surprise: .

Addiction, contagion, obsession - whatever you call it, it's all good! Do you know, I've actually loaded some of my own bullets?? That is Saturday night excitement like I've never experienced!! :roflol: But seriously, my John keeps me happy!

Glad to have you as part of the fold in NC.

See you SWGC this Sat . . .

Thanks for the welcome. By the way, I had a great time shooting Pitt Co this past Saturday! Tell Susie I said hi. Will she be shooting with you at SWGC this weekend?

Welcome to our addiction and Benos!

Thank you very much! Just got my sights changed out this evening, now I've got a Dawson green fiber optic on front, hopefully this is something I can more clearly see that will enable me to get my sight picture more quickly. White on the front didn't do it for me, and neither did red. Guess I'll find out Saturday at the Sir Walter match if it makes much of a difference...

Hi to all the new folks out there in the forum. I've only been into shooting for about three months now, and I'm having the best time of my life!! Bought my first gun about four weeks ago, and I'm so proud :D I started out shooting a S&W 686 revolver (graciously loaned to me by John Z Sr) which I enjoyed but found mastering reloads with a speed loader a challenge indeed, so now I'm shooting a Glock 17. I've made the rounds in ICORE, IDPA, and USPSA, and will be shooting in the USPSA SC Section match in April. I can't hardly wait!

Welcome Melinda! So happy to see another girl on the forum. Feel free to p-message.