Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Solo1000 & Zero 125

Shooter32

I know this is probally here somewhere but i couldnt find it to save my life ... I am wanting load info on Solo1000 with a Zero 124gr FMJ . I will be shooting these out of a Glock 34 and 17 . Thanks guys sorry i didnt find it in my search .

I know this is probally here somewhere but i couldnt find it to save my life ... I am wanting load info on Solo1000 with a Zero 124gr FMJ . I will be shooting these out of a Glock 34 and 17 . Thanks guys sorry i didnt find it in my search .

Out og my g17 run 4.2 of solo 1000 mixed brass, wsp primers for about a pf of 135

You really need to chrono-test these loads. My buddy needs 4.9 Solo to make 130 pf with a MG 124 out of his G17. I couldn't believe it until we chrono'd them! I do know that MGs run slower than Zeros, which are slower than molys [for same powder mass], but still 4.9 grains is way more than I ever expected. I don't have his chrono results [just have mine for various 147s out of a G34], but my amigo is active on BE and I will try to get him to post his chrono results. I think he loaded to 1.14 OAL [me, 1.125]. We ran his loads through two different chronos, his and mine, and the results were the same. He measured his 4.9 powder drop on two different scales. So, I'm pretty sure his batch of Solo is quite a bit slower compared to the keg I'm loading from. But, his brass/primers showed no signs of over-pressure. If I were going to test that load combination -- please add appropriate legal disclaimer -- I'd start at 4.2, chrono, and adjust as needed. Cheers.

-br

Does anyone know if Accurate produces Solo at multiple plants? I'm curious if this is a plant to plant variation or a batch to batch variation. I'm surprised that QC does not control this better.

Does anyone know if Accurate produces Solo at multiple plants? I'm curious if this is a plant to plant variation or a batch to batch variation. I'm surprised that QC does not control this better.

They buy it form three different suppliers, I have never found more than a couple of tenth of a grain difference between fastest to slowest. Have only used about 40 pounds of it so far all in 8# containers spanning about 3 to 4 years now.

I just posted a new thread with all my Range/Chrono results. Its seems that from 4.0gr Solo 1000 and a Zero 124gr FMJ bullet loaded to 1.12" OAL I am getting 119 PF. I think I have a slow jug of Solo. Overall, if I have to up the charge much more to get 129-130 PF then I might not use it. I am going to do some more testing and see what it takes to make 130 PF. I'll post my results when I have them.

Bass