Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just a shout out to Barry, Dr. Chet et. al. in Hawaii. We just got notice from FEMA that our team is in the first rotation to come see you should anything untoward happen on the islands. I would hate for my first trip to see you be one where I can't lay on the beach.

Anyway just hopin you're ok and the wave that Chile sent your way only laps a little at your ankles. :cheers:

Thanks smokshwn for the shout. We dodged a bullet on this one, could have been really bad. Roads were closed, airport closed, water shutdown, sewage plant shut down and people were filling up gas and bought a lot of bottled water.

Saw the water recede and come in several times and thought, "It's coming" :surprise:

In the end, all worked out fine.

:cheers:

I don't mean to joke, but was it even surfable? :unsure:

Not even. I had to drive up and down in the evacuation zone. Found out that it won't look like a breaking wave with the white water and all. It'll look like a large wall of water moving towards shore. I guess you could try to surf it :unsure:

The water moved out, could see parts of the reef that are not normally visible and then it filled up a little higher. Japan had a 3 foot wave and it moved onto shore quite a bit. We were lucky here :)

The shooting range is just across the highway and about 4 feet above sea level. Good thing the wave didn't hit it, we were able to shoot our match today :D

One day we will have one hit us :( and Maui might turn into two islands.

Not even. I had to drive up and down in the evacuation zone. Found out that it won't look like a breaking wave with the white water and all. It'll look like a large wall of water moving towards shore. I guess you could try to surf it :unsure:

The water moved out, could see parts of the reef that are not normally visible and then it filled up a little higher. Japan had a 3 foot wave and it moved onto shore quite a bit. We were lucky here :)

The shooting range is just across the highway and about 4 feet above sea level. Good thing the wave didn't hit it, we were able to shoot our match today :D

How long did you spend in line at the Costco gas pumps?

How long did you spend in line at the Costco gas pumps?

Never needed to, we have our own pumps and I was driving the company car :lol:

Had over 100 officers on duty, mostly on traffic posts, that day.

So Saturday was the mini-tsunami and today is the mini-hurricane. Winds blowing almost 30mph with gusts up to 40mph.

Can't wait to see the movie '2012' :lol: