Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Experience with Kemen Shells?

1shortofpar

Some friends and I have recently gotten into sporting clays and we were looking into some bulk ammo. I just picked up a Beretta AL391 and most of my buddies use pumps Moss500, Rem870, etc. Does anyone have experience with Kemen shells? I have heard from others that they are well made and I see their boxes(in trash cans) a good bit at different ranges we have around here. We would be looking at getting 10 cases of the following and splitting between 4 guys or so. Looks like 60$ a case shipped to my door

Stock# Product GA Length Oz Shot Dram Equiv Vel Shot Size

KMSU32 Kemen Super 32 12 2 ¾ 1 1/8 2 ¾ 1150 7.5

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

Kemen are good shells. You may want to look at Dicks Sporting Goods if you have one nearby. They are running a deal on Remington Gun Clubs for $5.99 per box if you buy a case (10 boxes) then a $1 per box rebate from Remington.

They come out of the same factory as Rio and a host of others (made by UEE in Spain). For the money they are a good shell but they are a little iffy in the winter... they use a single base powder and it doesn't burn as hot in the winter.

I used to shoot a ton of the Rio's in the summer / fall then switch to gun club or top gun shells for the winter months.

Kemen shells work great. I generally shoot the Sport 32 (1 1/8 oz. @ 1200 FPS) and the Extra 28 (1 oz @ 1280 FPS) for Sporting Clays practice and competition. Never had a problem...even in cold weather. However, I live in Austin, TX and generally shoot in Central/Gulf Coast part of Texas so it doesn't get that cold. Most of the guys I shoot with also shoot Kemen. A very popular shell in my part of the state.

Phil G

• 2 weeks later...

Some friends and I have recently gotten into sporting clays and we were looking into some bulk ammo. I just picked up a Beretta AL391 and most of my buddies use pumps Moss500, Rem870, etc. Does anyone have experience with Kemen shells? I have heard from others that they are well made and I see their boxes(in trash cans) a good bit at different ranges we have around here. We would be looking at getting 10 cases of the following and splitting between 4 guys or so. Looks like 60$ a case shipped to my door

Stock# Product GA Length Oz Shot Dram Equiv Vel Shot Size

KMSU32 Kemen Super 32 12 2 ¾ 1 1/8 2 ¾ 1150 7.5

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

In my former trapshooting life I fired a lot of Kemens, they work great. Just don't plan on reloading the hulls because the primer pockets are too large to hold an American(rem, win ,fed) 209 primer. Hope this helps, Kirby

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...