Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Xd

Singlestack

Anybody have any links or info on how to do a trigger job on an XD?

Can the reset be made shorter?

I got a 4" XD9 the other day and I really like the gun. I thought the trigger would be simular to the Glock but I was way wrong.

I'm needing some complete dissasembly instructions too.

There is a forum for the XD pistols;

http://www.hs2000talk.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

I spent some time there checking out the threads on the XD, they seem to be good guns. I think there were some threads on trigger jobs. The only problems seem to be the slides are very prone to rust and the extractor. The guns do seem to be fairly complicated though.

One other good thing I found out is the .40SW mags can be used in the 9mm and hold 15 rounds, the feed lips might need to be bent a little.

Thanks so far.

I checked out the HS2000/XD forum. It looks like no one has figured out exactly what Springfield Custom and a few others are doing to tune up the triggers.

I was dissapointed to learn the slides rust easily. I bought it for my Wife (thats my story, bla bla bla) and she rusts hardchrome.

The XD is a great gun to play with. I plan on shooting it exclusively next season as long as JA includes it on the USPSA Prodution list. With that said the trigger does need some attention. You can do some polishing and spring tweeking and get a lighter pull. To get the ultimate feel you need to do alot more. The sear needs to be recut, overtravel stop put in, and change the reset. I would not try to go lighter than 2.5# on the pull. My current gun I'm using is a XD Tactical in .40, it's set at 2.5# with about an 1/16 of an inch take-up. The over travel is about 1/4, over travel doesn't bother me I slap a trigger.

I set up a Tac 9 to compare the two. The trigger on it is set-up with a 3# pull, 1/4" take-up, and 1/8" over travel. I'm averaging .16 splits with it shooting factory ammo. I've never shot anything faster. With the .40 .15's are the average with some .13's and .14's sneaking in. I shoot 140 PF with the .40, the slide is too heavy to shoot a lighter PF and be 100%. It shoots softer than the 9mm. With some home loads it might shoot as soft as the .40.

Is the ultimate trigger job on a XD a do it your selfer, I wouldn't recomend it. Now for the shameless plug I install Bo-mars, tungsten guide rods, new frt sights, wrap around grip tape panels, extended mag release(not legal in USPSA/IPSC), thermal set coating to get rid of that great factory finish, slide lightening, etc...

Rich