Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M1A Scope Mount

Steve S

Had a Springfield Armory, didnt like it. it is offset to the right side of the gun and not over the centerline. Very odd for me. Gave it away.

Plan to replace it with a Sadlak or a Smith Enterprises.

What he said... +1.

Bassett machine.

Patrick

Are you using this PK? If so, which one, the picatinny or the standard? What optic are you running? What about a c-more set up on that angle? I am very interested in this mount. Is it inherently sturdy? Does it loosen up at all?

Very curious.

Bassett machine.

Patrick

Are you using this PK? If so, which one, the picatinny or the standard? What optic are you running? What about a c-more set up on that angle? I am very interested in this mount. Is it inherently sturdy? Does it loosen up at all?

Very curious.

I use the standard model with a Weaver 1x3 for load testing.

C-more? I imagine it would work, might be a bitch to zero.

Very good mount for my uses. Never had it loosen over the course of testing.

Removes and re-zeros well enough for me.(a click to two one way or the other)

Just follow the provided installation instructions and you should experience a similar outcome.

If not this mount I would opt for the more permanent (drill and tap) mount from Accuracy Speaks.

Patrick

Had a Springfield Armory, didnt like it. it is offset to the right side of the gun and not over the centerline. Very odd for me. Gave it away.

Plan to replace it with a Sadlak or a Smith Enterprises.

What he said... +1.

I concur. Only I didn't replace mine. Just ditched the scope, fixed the stripper clip guide and run it irons only. If I ever put an optic on it again most likely it will be an Ultimak rail and a red dot of some sort.

P.S. My personal preference for a forward mount like the Ultimak, is so I can continue to use stripper clips.

Edited by Risasi

Thanks PEK. I think that will be a future purchase for my SOCOM 16. I used to have a C-more over the scout rail, but that thing gets so friggin hot, I cant imagine it'd be good for the thing. Think I'll put an M2 on it.

JZ