Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glock write down as asked for by Flexmoney

fritzthemoose

Hi,

in another tread Flexmoney asked me to give a complete write off of my Open Glock.

So here we go.

Base is a Glock 17

I use the Seidler III Comp System. I like it as it has a 6inch barrel with the holes for the comp cut in. That gives me a longer barrel to make major. The comp as such is only moved over the barrel and its main funtion is direct the gas into the desired direction. It is only held with a small pin. there are 3 chambers right and 3 left. So the chambers are seperated in the middle. The gun is very flat. I am sure there are 1911systems out there even flatter but I did shoot 1911 that are not nearly as flat either.

The scope mount is also from Seidler. It does not require and work on the frame only a frame with a Picantiny rail. It is not a straight mount but a little bid moved to the left. So i never had any ejection issues and I never had to do any enlarging of the ejection port. It is still factory size. I am using a ProPoint as I dont like the C-More outside in the sun.

The trigger is a Fulcrum from Glockworx and I am also using the Glockworx springs. Of course everything is polished but I did not do any other work then that and replacing the parts. Firing pin is the Glockworx one also the Firing pin safety. I reduced the pre and overtravel as much as possible and the pull is around 1,2 to 1,3kg.

Jetfunnel is from SJC because it was the biggest one I could find lol

I do have an enlarged mag release and slide catcher but forgot where I bought them from

I did put a Arredonso thumb rest on and also have a competition thumb rest combined with a higher beaver tail.

Beside that only a slide racker

As for springs I am running 12 to 14 pounds depending on the load

My major load is a 125 grain Ares with 7,8gr SP2 AOL 29,5mm. I make on average 163 with it so enough for major this side of the pond.

i doubt Bobby would like for me to run anything but a Carver mount. as for the mount in the pic i don't think it's a copy of the Carver. I like the one piece design on the top and side pieces, also the mount sets the optics low over the slide, which to me is a big plus. sure would love to see a pic of the ejection port side. other than the Carver this is the only mount i've seen i'd want to run on my Glock.

i doubt Bobby would like for me to run anything but a Carver mount. as for the mount in the pic i don't think it's a copy of the Carver. I like the one piece design on the top and side pieces, also the mount sets the optics low over the slide, which to me is a big plus. sure would love to see a pic of the ejection port side. other than the Carver this is the only mount i've seen i'd want to run on my Glock.

it is the lowest mount i came across so far

post-19140-12665338015_thumb.jpg

i don't have anything here to measure with but if i were to guess i'd say there's about .050 between the barrel and bottom of the mount with a Carver Competition Mount.

Edited by ede

I know its been mentioned where the optics mount can be purchased state side....but what about that barrel and comp set up? Can that be obtained in the US?

Also how easy would it be to get in Germany? I have friends there that could get it for me and send it back as a last resort.

I know its been mentioned where the optics mount can be purchased state side....but what about that barrel and comp set up? Can that be obtained in the US?

Also how easy would it be to get in Germany? I have friends there that could get it for me and send it back as a last resort.

Not sure about the US. Also not sure about Germany but u could always contact Seidler directly or i could do it for u

www.seidler-waffen.at

Sending within the EU is not the big problem. It can be send to a gun dealer and you can pick it up or can be send directly to you. For that however, you need to fill out a form. However, who ever is getting it in Germany has to be allowed to obtain it meaning needs to have a gun license. If they are German that means a WBK (weapon holding license) if they are US Armed Forces I honestly dont know what they would have to do.

• 4 weeks later...

How about some close up pictures and details on that comp?

It has a lot more going on at the bottom than most. Is it milled out all the way to the bottom? Or is that added weight? What material is it made from?

Took some time sorry but first I was in hospital then had to fix my LNL and then got my new Open :cheers:

Anyway here are some pics. The top part of the comp fits into the lower part which is essentially just a weight and the whole thing is fixed with one pin trough the hole in the extended guide rod. Comp can be removed within a second.

post-19140-126893735648_thumb.jpg

post-19140-126893737359_thumb.jpg

post-19140-126893739344_thumb.jpg