Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 MidwayUSA/NRA Bianchi Cup

NRAActionPistol

All,

After returning from the winter staff meeting in Columbia, MO we have decided that we would like to run a Team Speed Challenge, this would be the following:

(3) three team members

(3) three Events

Each member would have to sign up in advance on Registration Day 25 May 2010 to shoot a specific Event, the Events would be:

1. Moving Target Event

2. Barricade Event

3. Falling Plate Event

The total Possible Aggregate score would be 144.

This Team Speed Challenge would be fired on Saturday 29 May 2010 for score in front of spectators, the maximum teams allowed would be (10) Ten Teams.

How many of you would be interested in competing in this type of Team Event?

Let us know, we will make it happen, and award CASH to the top (3) three Teams.

Thanks,

Tom...

Would there be different divisions for the challenge (assuming there were enough teams) or would each team member represent one of the three divisions?

I would do it, but I would also like to see it as 1 shooter from each division: Open, Metallic, Production.

Thanks to both of you, this is exactly what we want to here, perfect fit, (3) Three Divisions and (3) Three Events, let's get a couple more opinions on this, should we put a Division requirement on an Event? i.e. Metallic must shoot barricade?

Preliminary requirements are you must sign up on Tuesday 25 May, you must pick your Division and Event, and that will be locked then, no changes. Due to timing, and it's the 1st year doing this, we can only have (10) Ten Teams.

Spectators will already be there for the Speed Event and Celebrity Pro-Am, we are looking for positive idea's to make this fun and fair for all!

Thanks,

Tom...

I don't think a Division requirement should be included, let the team decide which event to shoot for each style of gun, that wil allow strategies to come into play on the selection of which guns to shoot what events with.

Greg in VA

Really? Then you would get just Open firearms, no strategy needed, don't you think? We can only have (10) Ten Teams, surely we can get (10) shooters in each Division. We think this may actually be the 1st time that we are going to hold a Fired Team Event, if we are going to draw spectators, we need to make it interesting, or it will just be like watching Golf!

I don't think a Division requirement should be included, let the team decide which event to shoot for each style of gun, that wil allow strategies to come into play on the selection of which guns to shoot what events with.

Greg in VA

Really? Then you would get just Open firearms, no strategy needed, don't you think? We can only have (10) Ten Teams, surely we can get (10) shooters in each Division. We think this may actually be the 1st time that we are going to hold a Fired Team Event, if we are going to draw spectators, we need to make it interesting, or it will just be like watching Golf!

Not sure that's what he meant. Make it mandatory that all 3 divisions must be represented on the team. Also, you could leave out the usual restrictions on the team membership, i.e. must all be from the same state or country, all reps of the same company, etc. That would make for some interesting team compositions!

Just my $.02

Alan~^~

Tom , I was replying to your comment of making them shoot a specific event with a specific gun: ie..Metallic must shoot Barricade.....Production must shoot Plates.....Open must shoot Mover. Let them pick the event they think (the team) will give the shooter and his/her gun the advantage. (Strategy)Some will choose to shoot the plates with the open gun because a missed plate is 10 points...if they choose that gun for plates then they must shoot the other two events with the other two guns...ie..barricade with the production ...mover with the metallic, or barricade with the metallic and mover with the production.

I'm with Alan on dropping the usual restrictions on the team membership thing...I think pick up teams would be very cool.

Greg in VA

I agree.. with one additional thought.

One OPEN, one Metallic, one Production.

Team decides who shoots what event.

It will be hard enough to field teams without the residency restrictions.

Question/thought - Can a shooter compete in more than one team? I say NO... how say you all?

Bruce

Tom , I was replying to your comment of making them shoot a specific event with a specific gun: ie..Metallic must shoot Barricade.....Production must shoot Plates.....Open must shoot Mover. Let them pick the event they think (the team) will give the shooter and his/her gun the advantage. (Strategy)Some will choose to shoot the plates with the open gun because a missed plate is 10 points...if they choose that gun for plates then they must shoot the other two events with the other two guns...ie..barricade with the production ...mover with the metallic, or barricade with the metallic and mover with the production.

I'm with Alan on dropping the usual restrictions on the team membership thing...I think pick up teams would be very cool.

Greg in VA

I see sorry for the confusion, we agree with all of you, and we will remove the restrictions, and to answer Bruce, a competitor can only shoot on (1) one Team.

Should we make it mandatory for a specific Division to shoot a specific Event?

What should we charge for this?

Thanks for all your help, we think this will be a good thing, and great to watch!

If you have any ideas to make it more interesting let us know.

I have a few questions.

I understand the word "Team" and "Challenge" but where does the word "Speed" come in? Are the time limits going to be reduced or, in the case of the Mover, are the number of rounds fired at certain distances going to change?

Will the team members have to shoot the division they shot in the championship? If not, why not add Rimfire to the mix with the limitation that Rimfire cannot shoot the plates? Come to think of it, the rimfire would be the advantage so you could combine Metallic and Production.

Cost? If you made it $100 a team that would give you $1000. Subtract $360 for targets and 9 plaques at $25 each and your left with $415. Pay $215 to 1st, $110 for 2nd and $80 for 3rd.

I have a few questions.

I understand the word "Team" and "Challenge" but where does the word "Speed" come in? Are the time limits going to be reduced or, in the case of the Mover, are the number of rounds fired at certain distances going to change?

Will the team members have to shoot the division they shot in the championship? If not, why not add Rimfire to the mix with the limitation that Rimfire cannot shoot the plates? Come to think of it, the rimfire would be the advantage so you could combine Metallic and Production.

Cost? If you made it $100 a team that would give you $1000. Subtract $360 for targets and 9 plaques at $25 each and your left with $415. Pay $215 to 1st, $110 for 2nd and $80 for 3rd.

Speed comes from speeding the Events up, (10) Ten Teams of (3) Three firing (3) Three Events in an hour or so, that's pretty quick, at least we hope so!

No requirement to shoot Primary Firearm, no Rim-Fire, that would mean competitors would have to bring another firearm to shoot this, we think we will stick with the (3) Three Divisions, at least for 2010.

Entry fees, $100 per Team would mean each member would get about $70 per team member, what does the masses think of that?

This is mainly for fun, and gets (10) Teams a chance to win a few extra $$$$$$$$$ and promote the Sport, locally!

No requirement to shoot Primary Firearm, no Rim-Fire, that would mean competitors would have to bring another firearm to shoot this, we think we will stick with the (3) Three Divisions, at least for 2010.

This is mainly for fun, and gets (10) Teams a chance to win a few extra $$$$$$$$$ and promote the Sport, locally!

As if most of us wouldn't be bringing an extra gun to do this anyway. What better way to promote the sport locally by showing them they can compete with a rimfire? Try again.devil.gif

OK I am in.

I like the idea of the three existing divisions. Open, Metallic & Production. Dream Team

I think first time up keep it simple.

For the future.

A. one Jnr, one Snr and one Regular Competitor.

B. Lady, Snr, & ?

The possibilities are endless.

We will have to sort out if rimfre would be compulsorily included or can you pick three out of the 4 if we include rimfire.

This turn nasty, :cheers:

Tom,

Would these Team Matches be replacing the other Team Matches, or in addition to?

Either way, you know me, I'm in.

Ok, three events, three different shooters, three different gun divisions must register in advance and declare shooter and gun selections, and event selections at registration.

In the past we have been trying to get away from "pick-up teams" so why eliminate other criteria? Don't throw all other criteria out. How about all shooters on a team have to be from the same State, or Province or similar jurisdiction? If three from the same state is too restrictive then in order to transition into this, maybe two of the three must be from the same jurisdiction.

Either way, it should be fun and I'm in and will assure that there will be plenty from VA who are in too. Actually several have already stepped up. Go Virginia!

MJ

I'm not sure where the $360 for targets comes from, but at $60.00/100, that's 600 targets!

WTF?

Alan~^~

The $360 figure he used included 9 plaques at $25 ea for a total of $225.00.

I don't think it's a good idea to limit teams from to being from a single state. Of course that's coming from a guy from Oregon and I don't know if we even have anyone else from my state going.

Tom

This sounds like fun, I like the concept. 3 competitors 3 courses of fire,Open, Metallic and Production. Would suggest that you do not mandate a gun to a match, strategy could be a deciding factor to what may work out to be an X count race. (I watched TGO shoot a 40X Mover with a Metallic gun one year at the "Cup")

Then again if you wanted to make the game a little interesting, we could speed up the mover?

GrantJ

As if most of us wouldn't be bringing an extra gun to do this anyway. What better way to promote the sport locally by showing them they can compete with a rimfire? Try again.devil.gif

You won't have to bring an extra gun to compete in this Event, you can shoot your Primary firearm.

Sorry not enough competitors that want to shoot Rim-Fire at a National Championship, so as long as that is the case, we can not and will not add Rim-Fire for the Championship.

We will agree that Rim-Fire is a great way to increase Action Shooting, but that is at the Local Level, not a National Championship, in my (3) three years, I personally have only seen (2) two people compete with a Rim-Fire, can't blame you for trying though.

When we said promote the sport locally, that meant spectators could watch (3) three of the (4) four Events on Saturday after the Speed Event.

Tom,

Would these Team Matches be replacing the other Team Matches, or in addition to? Addition too

Either way, you know me, I'm in. This comes from our conversation a few weeks back, it's about time we ran a Fired Team Event, this one will be the test!

Ok, three events, three different shooters, three different gun divisions must register in advance and declare shooter and gun selections, and event selections at registration.

In the past we have been trying to get away from "pick-up teams" so why eliminate other criteria? Don't throw all other criteria out. How about all shooters on a team have to be from the same State, or Province or similar jurisdiction? If three from the same state is too restrictive then in order to transition into this, maybe two of the three must be from the same jurisdiction. The only problem we see with this idea is our Brothers & Sisters from out West, are in a minority, this could exclude them immediately.

Either way, it should be fun and I'm in and will assure that there will be plenty from VA who are in too. Actually several have already stepped up. Go Virginia! Virginia is already in the lead, by a wide margin, being a fellow Virginian, I'm honored to have you all there!

MJ

MJ,

I answered after your comments, as always, thanks for your support, this year is going to be HUGE! Big announcements coming soon!

Edited by NRAActionPistol

Yea, my math was a little flawed. I based it on 12 targets instead of 8.

Considering that most of the guys I shoot with shoot Open, someone is going to be bringing an extra one. Martin and I have been shooting on a team for the better part of 10 years. Put a revolver in Martin's hands and watch out. Strategy starts now. PM's outbound.

Martin and I have been shooting on a team for the better part of 10 years. Put a revolver in Martin's hands and watch out. Strategy starts now. PM's outbound.

Now we are talking! Who is your Production Shooter? Or is it Martin, either way, you guys will be tough to beat! It's going to make for great TV!

Tom: Sounds like a blast, we can get a team together here in kansas! Just have to find out who wants to shoot produciton!!! Keep us imformed and keep up with the great ideas!

I bet you could get Troy M to strap on a Production Firearm! VA will have a run for their money!

It's all about having some fun, and making this thing grow, we could not do it with out most of you on here.