Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha Academy C-More Mount

surfmaster

Does anyone use a Double Alpha Academy C-More mount?

http://www.doublealpha.biz/gun-accessories/scope-mounts/daa-3in1-sti-cmore-mount

Design sounds good with adjustable thumb rest.

How do you like it and do you have a photo of the right side of your gun with the mount?

Are the three C-more pattern holes enough or should there at least be five holes with this mount?

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone use a Double Alpha Academy C-More mount?

http://www.doublealpha.biz/gun-accessories/scope-mounts/daa-3in1-sti-cmore-mount

Design sounds good with adjustable thumb rest.

How do you like it and do you have a photo of the right side of your gun with the mount?

Are the three C-more pattern holes enough or should there at least be five holes with this mount?

Thanks in advance.

I shoot it since several weeks on my STI Steelmaster - much more comfortabel than the original STI-mount; and the combination of the adjustable thumb-rest with the sidewing, which folds under the optic is genious! Also the mount is a little bit more flat over the slide than the STI-model

Regardspost-18204-126669558498_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gelaendewolf

Thanks for taking the time to post photos of your gun with the mount.

Here is another picture from the left side..

@ surfmaster: yes - to our experience three screws are enough - we use Loctite Blue to fix; no problems at all - never come loose (equal on a Steelmaster in 9x19 Major or a "bigger" gun...)

• 11 months later...

Just an FYI...the Double Alpha mount that I've seen (a customer wants me to install one on his Tanfoglio) does NOT have the same screw spacing as the other C-More mounts (like the Allchin, Cheely, etc.). The Allchin, Cheely, etc, are spaced at .375" on center. The Double Alpha appears to be spaced at .400".

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Darren

Duh...It's metric. 1cm on center.

Just an FYI...the Double Alpha mount that I've seen (a customer wants me to install one on his Tanfoglio) does NOT have the same screw spacing as the other C-More mounts (like the Allchin, Cheely, etc.). The Allchin, Cheely, etc, are spaced at .375" on center. The Double Alpha appears to be spaced at .400".

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Darren

i have used this mount on my sps open gun, and i liked it.

you can order it without screw holes so you can drill them in yourselve or let your gunsmith do it.

on my new gun i have almost the same mount but it looks better imho but without the sidearm, actually this was the mount designed prior to the 3 in 1 mount by the same gunsmith.

this is the mount that i'm using now.

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

and this was my old gun with 3 in 1 mount from daa.

sps03.jpg

sps04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...