Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BrazilianShooter's Blasters

BrazilianShooter

Nice guns, Luis.  Does the porting on the .380 help?

Yes, it´s help when i use a hight power amunition, i make a reload with a 85Grains Holow Point jacket, with 7,2 Grains of Duble Base Powder (like a Vita Vuori) and is accelerates at 1500 FPS.

The gun don´t moves.

Sorry but my english sucks!!!! :D

I use this gun in my work i´m a COP here in Brazil.

So, Brasileiro, the .380 is with a locked breech?

Sorry Ned but i don´t understand what it means???????????????

Fox 34 - YES Springfield ir totally MADE IN BRAZIL, only MAGS is MADE IN USA.

You can see in new Springfield the sign "FI" near the serial number, this means "Fabrica Itajubá" or " Factory Itajuba" Itajubá is a city in Brazil where the Imbel Industries is located.

Bye

Brasiliero,

What Ned is asking, is, is the .380 like 1911's, with a link on the bottom of the barrel, and locking lugs on the top? Does the barrel move down from the slide as the slide moves back?

Or does the barrel stay in place as the slide moves back and forth?

A locked-breech pistol (the 1911) can be pushed to much higher limits than a blowback (all the Browning-style pocket pistols) can be.

If you are indeed getting 1500 fps out of an 85 grain bullet out of a .380, that is something we all want. Have you run your ammo over a chronograph?

Does the barrel move down from the slide as the slide moves back?

Or does the barrel stay in place as the slide moves back and forth?

Have you run your ammo over a chronograph?

Ok now I undertand the question.

I is a Blowback system!! The Barrel stays in place and the slide moves!

Yes i use a Cronograph!!!

I use this ammo in a Glock G25, and Works, but it don´t have the ports on barrel and the recoil is very big, and loose the sight picture, when i shoot with my Imbel with ports, the sight picture stays in the target.

Bye

I tried some 88 gr jhp's in .38 Super for bowling pins (the 9-pin event) and getting them to 1400 in a Super case was an adventure. I hate to think what the pressure is in a .380 case at that velocity or higher.

Some years ago, Dean Grennel had bought a Browning 1909, in 9mm Browning Long. He found that if he machined a sleeve, he could make the chamber shorter and use .380 ammo. (He had no access to 9mm Browning Long in the early 1970's.) but the .380 would not cycle the pistol. He finally loaded it up hot enought o work the action. Years later he had a chance for a powder maker to pressure-test his .380/9mm Browning Long loads.

As I recall, they told him his pressures were over standard 9mm Parabellum levels.

Yours have to be off the scale!

A long while ago I got an e-mail from a guy somewhere in South America (I forgot where, but maybe Brazil).. turns out that to get around some of the gun laws there they'd get Glock 25's (the little .380 you can't get here), weld back up the locking lugs on the barrel and load 'em up to 9mm-sorts of loads. He said that worked pretty well and didn't break stuff much.

Where's Clark when we need him? I'm sure he knows the limits of the .380 case.