Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SC section REVO squad

John Z Sr

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Puh-leeease! Is this what passes for Revolver "trash talk" these days? :sight: For Cliff, that was nearly subtle.

Where are the reckless wagers and futile boasts of previous years?

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 SC State Match Statistician

Edited by LChico

Are we inferring the use of bags filled with sand to help with the flooding?

Don't worry, Lentz will have all the sand we need for the entire match.

I hope they are giving out a sandbagging award this year

Hmmmm. . .

It is never a good thing to make evil suggestions. There is a certain GM (not revolver) who got a bottle of cheap wine one year as the "first place whiner award." We have also awarded a stack of targets to the last place finisher who does not DQ, in the hopes that he could use them to practice :devil:

See everyone soon

Linda Chico (L-2035)

The sixpack of Silver Bullets will be waiting for Cliff if he shoots stage 7 one-handed. Should we stipulate one-handed reloads, too? If he shoots one-handed and wins the stage I'll go buy another six pack.

Paul

Disclaimer: Due to range rules prizes if any to be awarded at the banquet.

According to SC Statute 265.397A paragraph b, "any shooter who competes in a level 2 or higher match in the State of South Carolina, and shoots in revo class, and is under the age of 30, and has not completed puberty prior to the start of the match, and does not have a note from his Mom, may not compete in a match for score". Sorry Josh, Cliff retains his Crown by default.

Congrats Josh, on a great performance, a pleasure to have the priveledge to shoot with you ( there I was nice, you are still a rotten kid)

A serious congrats to the new SC revo champ, nice work Greg. When your plaque comes in the mail, at least it won't be packed in a bag filled with sand like last year's award!! Way to go Luke on a flawless performance, great squad to shoot with

Would also like to say Thank you for a great match it was a really good time and should not be missed. Big thank you to all of Squad one for an entertaining day, we did not have a squad mom, but a squad bookie.

Would also like to say Thank you for a great match it was a really good time and should not be missed. Big thank you to all of Squad one for an entertaining day, we did not have a squad mom, but a squad bookie.

When choosing a squad bookie, perhaps you should consider getting one that actually wins a few bets. . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

WELL,it's my turn,I had the most fun of any match I have ever shot,thanks to all the guy's ,,never met a better group of guys and LADY'S,,thanks to all MCRC members who helped pull this off,great match,,see some of you in DEC.FOR TOT,,CLIFF aint as bad as his rep, :cheers:

Congatulations Josh. How did the revolvers get a classifier score for a match with no classifiers and only 13 shooters? Why did the other 182 shooters not get a classifier score at the same match?

Also congatulations to EEH for making "B" class from this match.

Edited by Greg Q

Congatulations Josh. How did the revolvers get a classifier score for a match with no classifiers and only 13 shooters? Why did the other 182 shooters not get a classifier score at the same match?

Because the stats lady intervened and requested an upgrade in class based on "known ability." What Josh neglected to mention was that he had asked me to do this. The USPSA Office stated that the request had to originate with Josh. It is not often that a shooter asks to be bumped up two classes. Nice demonstration of sportsmanship & class on Josh's part. In my opinion, you can't be a sandbagger if you request to upgrade your class.

"How did the revolvers get a classifier score for a match with no classifiers and only 13 shooters?"

It really has nothing to do with the number of shooters in the division, but rather the number of GM's and who they are. When we request sanctioning for the match, we check the option to have the entire match stand as a classifier score. Usually, the match final will only be used as a classifier score when there are a minimum of 3 GM's in the division so that percentages can be calulated (that would be all 51 Open & 62 Limited shooters). A few years ago, the only 2 GM's I had in Open were Chris Tilley & Max Michel. They let the Open division count because one was the current National Champion & the other was the previous year's National Champion. At SC State, 126 shooters recieved a classifier score for the match. (51 for Open, 62 for Limited & 13 for Revolver) In Revolver, there were only 2 GM's but one was the current National Champion. You will not see classifier scores for Limited-10, Production or Single Stack for SC State.

Hope that clears it up.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Oh, yeah. And congratulations to the newest Master in Revolver - Josh Lentz

Edited by LChico

What's the spread on a B vs. 2 GM's, called Vegas and they did not know how to fix the bet?

I know how to 'fix' that bet. :devil:

Every good gambler is a statistician at heart.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 SC State Statistician