Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi. I'm Pathfinder1. Just joined.

Pathfinder1

I may be posting this in the wrong place because I don't know my way around yet (I hope good intent helps). Anyway, I just wanted to say...Hi all. I just joined the forum yesterday and I'm looking forward to participating. After being away from pistol shooting (USPSA) for about 20 years (1911 which I sold, Agggghh!) I'm back. Recently I bought a very holster worn (but accurate) Sig 226 and have been enjoying it for the last 2 month. 9MM is more affordable for me to shoot now, and I think if I start reloading again I'll give IDPA a try this time. All lot has changed as you know in the world of firearms since then, so I know I have a lot of catching up to do. Advice always welcome. Pathfinder1

OK...time to ask for help. Every time I try to fill out my interests in Profile and "save" it won't let me. It says I have to much info in that box. Doesn't make sense...there's only 11 words. Anyway, it's probably something obvious I'm missing, but can someone please explain or point me in the right direction of whom and where to ask?

Yes...you have too many interests. You must discard some hobbies. You probably have SOS (Shiny Object Syndrome). Pick one or two things and stick with them!

(j/k...since the interests show up every time someone posts, there have been recent changes to restrict those so it doesn't puff up the screen size.)

Ok, I'll bite...

First guess, it's your girlfriends. If so, 2 ismore than enough and you should trim your list.

Second guess, it's your daughters. If so, and you couldn't fit them all with the 11 word limit, you need to figure out where they are coming from and STOP!

Do I get a cookie?

No cookie but good logical guess. Yeah, they would make good names. But Shaolin is, as in Shaolin marshal arts...Grasshopper. And Shamatha is a type of Zen and Tibetan meditation. Brings the mind to one point. I just ordered Brian's book, (I know, I'm a late arriver) and the reviews sound related to these two traditions, also the famous Zen Archers of Japan...so hence I'm really looking forward to reading it.