Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jody Waring's Blaster...

SiG Lady

Hi All. Yeah it's one of those old boneyard P9's,..but hey it works. First off much thanks to SiG Lady for posting these,..Thanks :D

I got this in '93 about 2 weeks before Highschool Graduation, it was bone-stock, I mean stock, in that blue plastic springfield case, looked like dads CZ, thats probally why he was excited on me having it :P I went thru Brownells catalog and ordered a EAA 2 port comp and barrell. Denny's had a scopemount and a local business had PDP3's in stock. I got it thrown together by a guy I thought :blink: was a gunsmith, 8 months later it was beat, wouldn't do anything well but get dirty. I contacted a guy named Don Irvine in Ontario and after a lengthly conversation it was in the mail. I got it back with new everything, welded beavertail, extended everything,...barrell, slide, comp....on and on. Shot it like I stole it and after another almost 2 years, called Don and asked what was up with new comps he had, boy this guy was persuasive,..it was in the mail again, came back hard chromed and his new comp, as in the pics. Don retired from 'smithing and now through this awesome resource- ie; the internet, I found out lots and currently maintain the gun myself, along with my CZ's. The Open gun is 9x21, Storm Lake Machine 5.5" barrell, EGW sear, WCPI trigger, homemade mount for the CompC, a Sweet :wub: triggerpull after 1000's of rounds, longslide, Don's comp and 1911 guide rod set-up with a 2-piece guiderod, and shok-buff. Knock on wood, never broke a pin, and that's the truth. Shoots like a dream, and wouldn't trade it for anything. Some people see it strapped in my holster and shrug, whether from being ugly, or merely what it is, but as far as shooting goes, how beautiful is a gun that runs 100% , shoots groups that would make some jealous, and handles like a sportscar through a hair-pin turn,....ahh here I go,.... lets just sum it up with I love this DA*N gun!!

Hi. Glad you like the old blaster :D

I like hearing from past owners of these type of guns, especially ones that still use them :P The gun shoots really nice, and have a few loads that are awesome with this comp. In regards to the slide stop, it isnt easy to get factory replacements in Canada so I found a guy that makes them for CZ's and with minor fitting, they work excellent in the P9. With 10Rnd magazine restriction, its easy to forget how many rounds you have, and run the gun dry, this is where not having the slide lock back is a pain, but I keep track as I go, to plan magchanges, especially if I drop an extra round downrange when I didnt plan to. Take Care and keep the comments coming :D