Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hope this is of Interest

CRDB

I think your concept is good. I wonder about tweaking it a bit?

Why limit it to Glocks? Why not open it up to be inclusive of other Production/SSP/duty type guns? Beretta, M&P, CZ, Sig...etc.

(I am a long time Glock shooter, btw)

Having shot a match for a number of years that used a scoring system similar to your's... Your match is weighted waaaay toward to side of accuracy. It is basically a 1 hit factor match. Your match would be double the accuracy focus of IDPA.

Absolutely nothing wrong with accuracy, but... In the +2s down for a C hit, I could do a standing reload and make it up and still be ahead. That's not very realistic/practical. If you want to realistically balance the penalty to the infraction, then a .25s per point down would balance it out. (I know...it's not as simple to score, but anybody that can handle a gun ought to be able to understand there are 4 quarters in a dollar.)

Where is Caswell? What makes it a "World Championship" ?

Below is something I put together, looking at holding the match October 7th,8th and 9th it will be 20 stages and about 400rds.

You do realize that is the same week as the USPSA nationals??

MDA,

I used a date that I had set for another match back in Oct/09 for the 2010 match list, I not set in stone I was also looking at Aug 26,27 and 28 or Sept 2,3 and 4.

Me and my M&P will shoot something else that weekend. I really dislike manufacturer specific matches.

I agree with opening it to duty guns in general.

Regarding the scoring, even though we mostly shoot USPSA, we score our fun matches using IDPA targets with -1, -2, and -5 for a miss. We then add 1/2 second per point to the time. Works pretty well that way and makes scoring very easy.

Why not pick a sport with established equipment,rules and scoring ? Be alot easier to fill up a match if people know what to expect. Matches like this frequently take on a feeling like the rules are made up as you go along.

hey as long as all the rules are published before the match starts i am all in. I like the scoring of IDPA but am not much forthe other rules they have .lol well except the safety ones. I love this Idea. I wish there was a sport like this all the time. idpa style stages, idpa scoring, and uspsa rules for the rest would rock What ever weekend you have it ill be there!