Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo price comparison website?

Anon

Interesting website. I can't believe how the ammo has gone up the past year or two! <_<

Well the question now should be with the raw price of metals like lead and brass that have fallen so much in the last three to four months why have we not started seeing the price of components and load rounds start to go down? In fact over the last few weeks with all the catalogs I have gotten thay all stated a 2009 price increase so order now.

Something does not seam right.

Interesting website. I can't believe how the ammo has gone up the past year or two! <_<

Well the question now should be with the raw price of metals like lead and brass that have fallen so much in the last three to four months why have we not started seeing the price of components and load rounds start to go down? In fact over the last few weeks with all the catalogs I have gotten thay all stated a 2009 price increase so order now.

Is the price of raw materials the only consideration? If a bullet manufacturer is running at full capacity --- manufacturing as much as they can every week --- and that manufacturer is selling everything they make, where is there an incentive for them to drop their prices? Raw materials drop in price, fuel goes down, it's all added profit. That is how a free economy works --- merchants put their product out for sale at a price they can afford to sell it for (while staying in business) and consumers put their cash (what they can afford to or want to spend) out there. If the two sums happen to match up, a transaction occurs....

There's nothing personal about business. Every manufacturer would like their cost of doing business to be as low as possible in relation to the products sales price; every consumer would like to pay as little money as possible for their purchases --- except for high dollar ego stroking items, where the buyer derives value from saying "look what I can afford...."

People are stocking up --- it's simply not natural to expect prices to fall when demand is up.....

Is the price of raw materials the only consideration? If a bullet manufacturer is running at full capacity --- manufacturing as much as they can every week --- and that manufacturer is selling everything they make, where is there an incentive for them to drop their prices? Raw materials drop in price, fuel goes down, it's all added profit. That is how a free economy works --- merchants put their product out for sale at a price they can afford to sell it for (while staying in business) and consumers put their cash (what they can afford to or want to spend) out there. If the two sums happen to match up, a transaction occurs....

There's nothing personal about business. Every manufacturer would like their cost of doing business to be as low as possible in relation to the products sales price; every consumer would like to pay as little money as possible for their purchases --- except for high dollar ego stroking items, where the buyer derives value from saying "look what I can afford...."

People are stocking up --- it's simply not natural to expect prices to fall when demand is up.....

Exactly! If there was a margin that everyone stuck to then prices would rise and fall with raw materials. Instead prices rise and fall in response to supply and demand. Get everyone to quit buying and the price will drop. The proof of this is the overall prices of most commodities right now. Gas is cheap because world wide demand is down. If the market for bullets drops like the rest of sales in the US the prices will come down. Currently there is a 15% increase in spending for these items due in my belief of trying to get ahead of future regulation. If this regulation doesn't happen by May or June I think the prices will tumble because everyone will be stocked up and will quit buying. The suppliers will need to hold on to the proceeds that they are currently collecting to survive slow times. That's why things like windfall taxes are a very bad idea unless we are willing to give it back when they are struggling. No one is on top forever.

I am not a economist I am a Field service mechanic, but I did stay last week in a Holiday Inn express.

The website is nice, although I found that creating a matrix on PowerPoint before I took the dive into reloading laid everything out nicely for me.

I found it interesting (painful) seeing the sharp increase in cost due to lead and shipping.

That is how a free economy works --- merchants put their product out for sale at a price they can afford to sell it for (while staying in business) and consumers put their cash (what they can afford to or want to spend) out there. If the two sums happen to match up, a transaction occurs....

Ironically this is also how Merlin purchases most of the guns he finds in the Classifieds. ;)