Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

75 shadow vs SP01 shadow

1911vm

The 75 Shadow is based on the 75 SA. It has the same grip, beaver tail, and slide profile as the SP-01. The difference is the dust cover. When I picked up my 75 shadow, it was because the SP-01 didn't make IDPA weight out of the box. This has since changed. They both are now IDPA legal if you buy the Shadow version as it won't have the FPB.

17 hours ago, HoMiE said:

beaver tail grip, no FPB, no roll pin for firing pin 

No, thats not right. You aren't comparing the right guns. The SP-01 shadow is still a shadow, but with the full length rail dust cover.

To my knowledge the grip frame of the short dust cover and full length dust cover CZs are slightly different. The full length dust cover frames have serrations front and back while the shorts do not. The full length dust covers also have a more opened up magwell than the short dust covers. In hand i find them to be quite similar but not quite the same.

As it has already been stated the slides of the two Shadow modles are the same aside from the roll mark.

Edited by Tok36

52 minutes ago, twowheels said:

Pretty much the same.  I've got both.  I usually grab the sp 01.  I prefer slightly more weight. 

I started with a sp01 shadow.. picked up a CTS LS-P with the short dust cover frame... then swapped slides making a SP01 LS..
kind of CZ Viper, ish. It just feels right.

27 minutes ago, scroadkill said:

I started with a sp01 shadow.. picked up a CTS LS-P with the short dust cover frame... then swapped slides making a SP01 LS..

Any pictures by any chance? 

Not sure if the CZ 75 Shadow 1 or 2 is being referenced.  Here's the technical data for the SP-01 Shadow and the Shadow 2, from CZ's web site.

SP-01 Shadow

sp-01_shadow.png

Weight    1,18 Kg
Caliber    9x19, 9x21
Frame    Steel
Grips    Rubber
Trigger    SA/DA
Safety features    Hammer safety notch, Manual safety
Sights    Fixed
Magazine capacity    18(19)
Overall height, width, lenght    147x37x207 mm
Barrel length    114 mm / 120 mm

Shadow 2

cz_shadow2_left_black_lacquer.png

Weight    1,33 Kg
Caliber    9x19
Frame    Steel
Grips    Aluminium
Trigger    SA/DA
Safety features    Hammer safety notch, Manual safety
Sights    Adjustable
Magazine capacity    19
Overall height, width, lenght    157/34/217 mm
Barrel length    119 mm or 125 mm (with barrel ramp)

Edited by muncie21

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:06 AM, scroadkill said:

I also had a 9mm TS upper modded to fit on the shadow frames.  I usually put it on the sp 01 frame.  I put light wood grips on it to make IDPA weight although I prefer the feel of stock rubber grips.