Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mount for DPP

WestTex

What current, two sided mounts will work with a Delta point pro? 

I bought a other open gun with a twp sided double tap mount with cmore slide ride and would like to mount a dpp on it. 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Shmella said:

any rts2 mount will work. You have to trim the mounting tabs off and viola, its now a DPP mount.

Thanks Shmella. Do you know if that creates any recoil issues? Shifting in the mount?

31 minutes ago, WestTex said:

Thanks Shmella. Do you know if that creates any recoil issues? Shifting in the mount?

I dont think it would be an issue. Ive had one on an open gun before and many others have and have yet to have an issue. As long as the screws are tight and loctited properly there shouldnt be an issue.

3 hours ago, Shmella said:

I dont think it would be an issue. Ive had one on an open gun before and many others have and have yet to have an issue. As long as the screws are tight and loctited properly there shouldnt be an issue.

Thanks! Exactly what I needed to know. 

6 hours ago, Shmella said:

any rts2 mount will work. You have to trim the mounting tabs off and viola, its now a DPP mount.

I would not do that.  I have dots mounted using only the two screws, and some that use the pins and the screws.  The ones with pins and screws stay rock solid waaay longer than those with only screws.  Another plus is if it does loosen, you can take it off, clean the threads and re-Loctite and not have to rezero.

Arrodondo makes a one sided frame mount specifically for the DPP.  It uses the C-more 5-hole pattern and fastens using holes 1, 3 and 5.  The other two are covered up, but two threaded holes are provided for thumb rests.

1 hour ago, zzt said:

I would not do that.  I have dots mounted using only the two screws, and some that use the pins and the screws.  The ones with pins and screws stay rock solid waaay longer than those with only screws.  Another plus is if it does loosen, you can take it off, clean the threads and re-Loctite and not have to rezero.

Arrodondo makes a one sided frame mount specifically for the DPP.  It uses the C-more 5-hole pattern and fastens using holes 1, 3 and 5.  The other two are covered up, but two threaded holes are provided for thumb rests.

I have that exact mount for my other open gun with the Dpp. 

The other open gun is already drilled for a two sided mount and I would prefer to go back with one.  It's a petty thing, but I didn't want to leave that spot bare with two holes and worn finish where the mount was. Unless I sell my other Dpp and buy a rts2, my options are slim it seems.

Your only options as far as I know are, Double tap two sided or Sv two sided and both are setup originally for an RTS2. (or at least the SV is) and they say if you want to mount a DPP you will need to grind off the tabs.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Ok so I ordered the double tap two sided mount with shield. I did have problems with running out of elevation on my other open gun with Dpp so I was preemptive this time and ordered a set of 1 degree JP shims. It turns out, with those shims, it is uneccesary to trim the locator tabs on the mount. When mounting the shims the locator tabs will be below the surface of the JP shims. The shims have their own locator tabs that match up to the Dpp.

So in case anyone was wanting more options on dpp mounts, just order any RTS2 mount and add a JP shim. 

Edited by WestTex

17 hours ago, wgj3 said:

This is very helpful indeed!

I honestly didn't catch it until I started to take down the mount's locator tabs. I happened to look down at the shims and had an Aha moment. 

I didn't think to get pictures of it as I was putting it together.