Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lancer Carbon fiber extension tube

Hey everyone 

Im new to the sport and putting together a Benelli M2 for 3-Gun. As for extension tubes, all I see are Nordics.  Is anyone using Lancers carbon fiber extension tubes on their shotgun? Or is Nordics just that good?

Thanks everyone 

• 1 month later...

I've always liked Nordic for both their shotgun and rifle products. They're pretty much the gold standard for tube extensions. I can't comment on the lancer tubes personally, but I can say that you can't go wrong with Nordic.

12 hours ago, SyNaPsE said:

Nobody has anything to add?  Perhaps this question is in the wrong section.

Thanks SyNaPsE - I was thinking the same thing. I was finding it hard to believe NO ONE has used a carbon fiber extension tube. 

They are quite expensive and subjected to some significant abuse at times in 3Gun. CF doesnt really like to get banged onto/into stuff a lot. Nicks in the outer surface create weak spots over time.

Nothing wrong with them at all, but the Nordic tubes get it done and have plenty of options to add/adjust/adapt for different matches and situations for less money.

If you wanna spend the coin on the Lancer, go for it. They look damn cool. Likely that your scores will benefit more from using the difference in cost for more practice shells though.

I have one Lancer and several Nordic's.  The Lancer I bought because I had a gift certificate, and it does look cool, but it is on a "pretty" shotgun that will never see a 3gun dump barrel.  I bought the Nordic's with my own hard earned coin, and when I am looking at shotguns the only tube I would consider besides Nordic is RCI.    Nordic is also the gold standard in Customer service and supporting the 3 gun sport.  

• 1 year later...

Old post I know but when you search for info on the lancer extension I fo is still limited so here is my experience.  I have been running the lancer carbon tube on my M2 for competitive 3gun now 3 seasons that's well over 10k rounds, more than a dozen major matches 50 local matches. I run it with no clamp and I am not gentle with my gear. That gun looks like I drug it behind a truck and the tube is just fine, still perfectly smooth inside and on the outside shows less scratching and wear that the gun. Figured I have enough data now to share so there you go.  I was skeptical, it's so light, but as far as i can tell it's probably toughest part of the gun.