Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver for comp. shooting

jbthumper

I am looking to start shooting steel. Currently I have a gp100 .44 special ( others but none I would take steel shooting) but what other guns would one suggest to get and outfit for steel shooting. I was looking at JM625 or is an 8 shot .357 better? Is there any budget guns I could add to play with as I do like revolvers so adding to the collection is acceptable? What mods do people recommend?

S&W 627 what ever verity you prefer.

I just bought a 929 but I think I like the 627 better, mostly because of the balance when reloading for uspsa and ICORE.

Steel the reloads are not on the clock so if you have the funds the 929 may be an option

But a 627 is hard to beat!

3 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

S&W 627 what ever verity you prefer.

I just bought a 929 but I think I like the 627 better, mostly because of the balance when reloading for uspsa and ICORE.

Steel the reloads are not on the clock so if you have the funds the 929 may be an option

But a 627 is hard to beat!

For local "steel" matches, not Steel Challenge, I often use a 627 with a red dot on it.  With steel loads the red dot barely moves.

The 627 is more versatile than the 625 and holds more bullets but the 929 is a lot of fun and has become my choice for competition.  With that said...if I could only have one it would be the 627.

I use a 327 JM with 95gr. Bayous over 4.2 gr. Bullseye. I have a 386 I love to shoot and use at times but if the 8th rounds really matters the 327 wins out over the 386.