Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer loader

I've had success with the VIbra Prime after doing most of the fixes in the post Edge40 linked. Feeds CCI and Remington primers without a hiccup. Winchester and S&B primers will occasionally get stuck as they seem to be a bit taller and less rounded. Holding the Vibra Prime at a slight angle helps the primers feed more reliably, too.

Over the course of a reloading session, I'll probably save 20-30 minutes using the Vibra Prime rather than using pick-up tubes even after dealing with the occasional jam.

Doing the "vibra dance" did not work for me, I have to much stock of WSR to change primer brand.

• 1 month later...

It works okay... Not so good with primers other than CCI in my experience with it.  you gotta bang it and shake it and every so often it will flip one on you or jam at the top.   If I only had it I could deal with it, but i also have the PAL and Dillon.  Though they aren't in the same class as the VibraPrime.

• 1 month later...

I've stopped using the vibra prime. I'm back to using pickup tubes. It is less frustrating. I load federal spp standard and magnums. Without fail a primer will get caught on the lip and I wasted time getting that primer to through.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Worked meh at best with CCI for me. Works like a dream with S&B. I buy the cheapest primers I can, so if you're stuck on one brand, know you may have to modify the opening hole of the flip tray/do some deburring/fidgeting to make it work if it doesn't like your brand.

They are like .22LR rifles - fidgety performance with some brands of 'ammunition', great with others.

I found I can pull the yellow tip off of dillon primer tubes and hold those in place of FA's tube, and it'll fill them directly. Replace the yellow cap, and good to go. Removes a few operations from the reloading methodology and some distractions - also makes sure I'm not in the garage loading all night by accident (only have 6 tubes).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have any dealings with Vibra prime... I bought a Dillon RF100 which works 100% with most primers...  primers that do not work in my RF100 .. Tul Ammo SPP...  bought 1000 because of price... wound up giving them away..

With Winchester SPP, it works like a charm.  Winchester LPP, not so much.  The last loading session I had, I really watched everything and I came to the conclusion that maybe it's my Large primer tubes that are causing my issue.  The primers seem to hang up and not go in the tube smoothly or don't want to drop down the tube as quickly as the small primers do.  May try to bevel the edges of the tubes a bit to see if that helps.  I'd love the have a PAL or RF100 though.....

On 5/31/2017 at 7:43 AM, Erick85 said:

With Winchester SPP, it works like a charm.  Winchester LPP, not so much.  The last loading session I had, I really watched everything and I came to the conclusion that maybe it's my Large primer tubes that are causing my issue.  The primers seem to hang up and not go in the tube smoothly or don't want to drop down the tube as quickly as the small primers do.  May try to bevel the edges of the tubes a bit to see if that helps.  I'd love the have a PAL or RF100 though.....

Exactly the same situation here as well. Jams/issues are about 0-3 per 100 on SPP, enough for me to keep using the Vibraprime but LPP its a constant jam.

If you think you going to spend $50 or $25 on sale for a primer filler that you dump primers in an hit a button to get a full tube, you are going to be disappointed.

If you can watch what the thing is doing and tilt it from side to side as well as a combination of forward/backwards and give it a little "flip" if they bridge the passage to the hole, they work like this.

I don't have any dealings with Vibra prime... I bought a Dillon RF100 which works 100% with most primers...  primers that do not work in my RF100 .. Tul Ammo SPP...  bought 1000 because of price... wound up giving them away..

I never had a problem with an RF100 feeding a primer. It was the flipped primer or two per 1,000 that always drove me nuts!

Use a PAL so I get to watch everything fall now. No more flipped primers.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk