Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spent large primers getting stuck in the chute on 1050

Had it happen once - typically it's a distorted/elongate primer that gets caught cockeyed.  I pushed them down manually with a small punch and it hasn't occurred again.

But yeah it it's happening often call Dillon.

The hole in the frame that primers eject through is .250" in diameter. Could primers maybe be getting stuck on the end of the depriming pin and getting partially pulled back into the primer pocket? I have never heard of primers clogging this hole, as the depth is rather short.

1 hour ago, dillon said:

The hole in the frame that primers eject through is .250" in diameter. Could primers maybe be getting stuck on the end of the depriming pin and getting partially pulled back into the primer pocket? I have never heard of primers clogging this hole, as the depth is rather short.

Nah the primer didn't get stuck on the pin.  It was a log jam inside the chute.

The next time it happens I will take a pic of it.  It happened a ton when doing a batch of 308.

Edited by ams30gts

Had this happen recently on my 650XL.  But.... not a Dillon issue for me.  The after-market (used primer bushing and tube) part was not totally flush to exit hole...and when a few primers got hung up, the chute filled quickly.

Edited by amada8

• 2 weeks later...