Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which wet tumbler?

Edge40

I use the Franklin Arsenal and 2 sifting pans from Amazon. .25 mesh to catch the cases, .01for the pins.
Fill with hot water and a little Dawn. Tumble for 15-20. You can stop there and be fine, or dump most of the dirty water and refill with clean hot water and another small squirt of Dawn. Run for another hour or so. Nice and shiny. I’ve found out that if I don’t dump the dirty water after a short time and just let it run for a couple hours the brass comes out with a tarnished look. Like it’s grinding in the dirt or something. It actually looks better after 20 minutes than after 90. Hmm
Separate using the sifting pans, dump on towel and shake will remove a lot of the water. Then depending on how much of a hurry I’m in, I’ll either let them lay out on towel or hit them with a hair dryer for a few.

Edited by MakBaba
Added information

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you live in Mississippi and are willing to drive to my house you can use my concrete mixer and SS pins that I use for cleaning my brass....Just message me if you want to stop by...It will clean about 4000 rounds in 60-90 min total time...