Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinnest Micro dot Available?

Gooldylocks

I was playing with my buddy's open gun today, and am totally convinced that I need a micro dot instead of the 90 Cmore. I can draw and reload more aggressively, my field of view is more open, and it is generally more awesome.

He has the discontinued Delta Point, 3.5 MOA. For the life of me I can't figure out why Leupold would ever have discontinued this dot in favor of the Pro, but that's how it goes. I know of at least one place that still has some stock of the old version, but am somewhat worried about Leupold's warranty situation would be like if it were to go belly up. That and the dot is super tiny, tinier than I would like.

So the question is, what optics are out there that have a very thin bottom on them, to get the glass as low as possible to the gun? I measured this one and it is only about 4mm higher than my 90 degree Cmore, which is a good thing in my book. I do want as large of glass as is possible, but thin is possibly more important to me.

The Vortex Razor and RTS2 both come in 6 MOA, but have very thick bases. The Fastfire has a tiny window, and I was never in love with it as far as quality is concerned. Are the new Sig Romeos supposed to be released in any size other than 3 MOA?

Thank you all in advance.

Leupold, will support the 1st gen Delta Point lifetime warranty, they rebuilt one of mine last year and just sent me 12 adjustment lock screws 2 mouths ago.I much prefer the 7MOA delta to the small dot version.

I went from a 90 degree to a rts2 and it is just a tad higher than the 90 degree cmore. But then I tri topped the slide and custom made the mount to get it as low as possible. You probably won't notice that much of a difference between the two.

Leopold's warranty work is first rate in my experience. I sent my Deltapoint in and they went completely through it, even swapping out the older adjustment screws for newer stainless ones - under warranty. How fast you get it back depends on their backlog, but they are located just up the road in Beaverton if you ever have an issue.

As for the 3.5 dot being tiny, I have used both the 3.5 dot and the bigger triangle and I actually slightly prefer the 3.5 traditional dot even though it is small. It is still quite bright under most conditions. I have it on my carry optics G17 at the moment. I know a couple of guys in our section that use the Deltapoint triangle on their open guns and like it a lot - Omar for one. You might like it as well. I don't dislike it, but just prefer the 3.5. It is huge!

I currently have an 8 moa RTS2 on a Cheely mount on my open gun and it worked just fine at a match last weekend. The on-off takes some getting used to, but other than that the lens is good and the dot bright enough for around here. It is just a bit higher than the 90 degree C-More I had on my previous open gun, but not enough to make a big difference. On the down side for you, the base is a tad thicker than the Deltapoint.

The Arredondo frame mount gets the sight very low to the slide and it fits the Deltapoint without an adapter plate.