Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II for Carry Optics?

NickD

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/2/2016 at 7:30 AM, PrimaryBruce said:

Got your order, sir. :) It will ship today!

Rec'd the mount today! It was at the P.O. yesterday but was a holiday, fast shipping! 

The mount fit perfectly, both to the dovetail and to the FF III.  Total weight is 2# 11.8 ozs (43.8) with an empty mag. This is a completely stock Stock II pistol and mag. Will post pics tomorrow, P'bucket is on the rag again. Anxious to sight it in and see how it handles! 

Thanks Bruce!  The power of the Forum is strong!

IMG_7632_zpsdsk9hm6u.jpg

IMG_7634_zpsb0k2ty9i.jpg

Edited by NickD

Removing the Beautiful Henning Guide rod and replacing with a CZ polymer P07 guide rod. Knocks off nearly the entire weight of the guide rod.  The polymer one didn't register on my scale!

Also, 9mm and 40sw have a plate added to push the rounds forward.  That adds0.5 - 0.6 oz per mag. 

Just using trimmed plastic mag bottoms knocks an oz off

Wood grips (pair with screws) are 0.8 oz.  Henning Grips (pair with screws) are 2.0 oz).  I'm going to sand mine thin and add a layer of skate tape

• 2 weeks later...

This looks very attempting!  I have a spare Stock 2 I could turn into CO gun.  

Question for folks who have got everything mounted up - which red dot would you recommend as best considering weight/quality/price for the Stock 2 CO setup?  

Has anyone done any testing see how well the mount/red dot hold zero with 2k+ rounds?  Thanks!

This looks very attempting!  I have a spare Stock 2 I could turn into CO gun.  

Question for folks who have got everything mounted up - which red dot would you recommend as best considering weight/quality/price for the Stock 2 CO setup?  

Has anyone done any testing see how well the mount/red dot hold zero with 2k+ rounds?  Thanks!

From sig Romeo thread...

Deltapoint Pro 25.7mm x 17.5mm; 1.01” x 0.68”

Vortex razor    27.8x17.4

Vortex venom 26.3x16.3

vortex viper    17.5x24

fastfire3 is   25.4mm w x 25.4mm h (including housing material)

rmr is 22mm w x 16mm h

rts2 25mm w x 22mm h  

c-more slideride 29mm (for comparison only)

romeo3 25 wide x 21 h

romeo1 30 wide x 16 H

looking at all these sizes... no wonder I hate my RMR, lol

Fast fire seems biggest for the cheapest
Not all of these are easily mounted...

I have an rmr on a g19 and it loses zero pretty quickly... most likely due to being bumped around rather than shooting hundreds of rounds...

For me, I find the rmr too short, plenty wide. So anything taller than a 16mm window would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. 

I am a noob in optics.  Is there a mount + red dot that could do co-witness such that I won't have index problems switching from iron to CO?  I heard that a lot of the setups are too tall for iron shooters to quickly adjust to.  If a production shooter trains 100% on iron, but only takes up a CO gun to shoot matches, will that be competitive?

Thanks!

I can't say much other than for the rmr
I have Suarez suppressor sights that cowitness with my rmr (glock)
They're tall and your skills with regular sights don't help much with suppressor sights... your eyes won't line up at same height. Better to choose one or the other and not switch back and forth unless just for fun.

Bought the rmr plate from primary, going to try out and see if I like it on the steel stock2...

I know for a fact I'm not as fast with the rmr because I don't train for it... I lose the dot on draws and long runs. (I only train production, dots are for fun)
But I 1 for 1 steel with the dot that I might or might not with sights under stress....

Thinking if I like the dot on the stock2 I'll go look at some dots in a store and buy another Primary plate to match.
For sure wouldn't use the rmr competitively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Removing the Beautiful Henning Guide rod and replacing with a CZ polymer P07 guide rod. Knocks off nearly the entire weight of the guide rod.  The polymer one didn't register on my scale!

Also, 9mm and 40sw have a plate added to push the rounds forward.  That adds0.5 - 0.6 oz per mag. 

Just using trimmed plastic mag bottoms knocks an oz off

Wood grips (pair with screws) are 0.8 oz.  Henning Grips (pair with screws) are 2.0 oz).  I'm going to sand mine thin and add a layer of skate tape

Did you remove the plate in the mags? Does the mag function without them?

I have not done that.  im (sadly) having to wait to buy a dot.  I do know people use 10mm mags to allow for long loaded 40s. Should work, but probably not needed.

1 hour ago, ElMateo487 said:

Did you remove the plate in the mags? Does the mag function without them?

I have not done that.  im (sadly) having to wait to buy a dot.  I do know people use 10mm mags to allow for long loaded 40s. Should work, but probably not needed.

Yeah. My problem is I want to use the henning grips and base pads and still make 43 oz for IDPA. Trying to figure out how to do that.

43....with henning grips and basepads? 

The only thing would be descrete metal removal in ....and a pretty good sized pile of shavings would be created.  might be possible, how strict are they? 

Yeah... I probably just shouldn't worry about it until classifier matches come about, and I can switch back to the stock base pads. Would like to keep the grips always on though. I'm at 42.25 oz right now with stock grips and pads. I'd hate to do a polymer guide rod. Hum choices.

I took a gander at the IDPA rules, carry optics are only allowed in "not for competition" category. At least in the latest download off their site.  or is there some special rule I missed?  I don't shoot them, so I don't know!

I took a gander at the IDPA rules, carry optics are only allowed in "not for competition" category. At least in the latest download off their site.  or is there some special rule I missed?  I don't shoot them, so I don't know!

Yeah. I was just asking weight questions in general and you had done a bunch of good leg work.

• 2 weeks later...