Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Holster Rig for XDM 5.25

Just4FunLP

I got into shooting about a year ago and started shooting matches and reloading, but I'm still using the holster and two double mag pouches that came with my XDM 5.25. I thought it would be better to get my bullet expenses under control (if that's possible) before investing in a holster/mag pouch rig. Now, with fathers day approaching I think its time to start dropping some very specific hints on what I might want. With my CPA wife (My gift from God) keeping a tally on every dime I spend on this hobby, I don't have an unlimited budget, but on the other hand I want to get stuff that I'll be satisfied with for years to come.

I know all of you will have helpful comments as usual.

Thanks

IMO, the best bang for the buck is the Comp-Tac International. Kydex holster that comes with 3 belt mounts - Belt, Paddle, and DOH.

For mags, I like the Ghost 360. Allows you to use it for different magazines.

Edited by Studlee

perhaps you are looking for production holsters only... but I just got the DAA Racer for my xdm 5.25 and I love this thing...

I am competing in limited though... but when I have the funds to get a backup holster that is production legal I will go with ben stoeger's BOSS holster,

IMO, the best bang for the buck is the Comp-Tac International. Kydex holster that comes with 3 belt mounts - Belt, Paddle, and DOH.

Thanks Studlee, I think I'll go with that. I can get the mag pouches and a DAA belt as a set from benstoegerproshop.com with free shipping.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Studlee, I think I'll go with that. I can get the mag pouches and a DAA belt as a set from benstoegerproshop.com with free shipping.

For the record. I got the DAA belt/Ghost 360/Comp-Tac International DOH setup on Friday. I picked it up while I was on my way to an out of town match the next day. I have an extended mag release that could get pressed if I pushed the gun the wrong way during the draw so I had to file away some plastic with me Swiss Army knife when I got to the hotel. I really love the holster.

The mag pouches are also a big improvement. I tried the right angle setup for about 60 seconds but it felt strange so I didn't really give it a chance. I have all 5 facing forward and slanted back one notch. I have horrible consistency on my mag changes, so I hope to see some improvement. I'm not crazy about the little white adjustment screws. They could have made them black, but it does work very well. Ben Stoeger sells the pouches and belt as a kit with free shipping.

The big thing is the holster. Compared to the stock XDM paddle holster it's like night and day. I feel like a GM :)

I think Studlee was right. It is a good bang for the buck. I'm all set now.

Thanks

With the 360 mag holders I used two spring clips and left the screws off. Without them the magazine can slide a little bit but if you put the screws in it might snag if you have to put the mags in quickly during an unloaded start.

With the 360 mag holders I used two spring clips and left the screws off. Without them the magazine can slide a little bit but if you put the screws in it might snag if you have to put the mags in quickly during an unloaded start.

That's funny, I went to a match yesterday and had to do this for the first time. Never practiced it before. You,re right, the mags tend to hang as they're going in so I'll definitely try adding the other spring.