Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot 2005....team Stars & Stripes

(slight drift)

What about the other way around. If I want to go to the states to shot a match my gun being IPSC standard legal - can I shoot any USPSA division without altering anything on my gun.

I went to school in Colorado and frequenty visit my old host family and it would be awesome to bring the gun next time and shot a match or two.

Swede,

It's likely that Your IPSC Standard Division gun would be division compliant (and most competitive) in USPSA Limited or Limited 10 (L10 is identical to Limited except you can only load 10 rounds in your magazines, regardless of their capacity).

The only problem you might encounter is if your gun has any "external modifications such as weights, or devices to control or reduce recoil", but I don't know what may be included or excluded, or who makes the call.

Provided your gun fits the box, under IPSC Standard Division rules you can do whatever you like to your gun, except have optics, compensators or ported barrels (Limited and Limited 10 include those same prohibitions).

ok, slight drift, within my own thread....

What does being on the US Gold Team get you? Do those guys get some kind of help from USPSA? If not, why not? Again, I am not bitching if they do, I am saying we as USPSA shooters ought to be supporting sending our very best down there.

I know there was something about them getting slots through performance at recent nationals, but what sort of help does that get them?

Could we at the local level hold "benefit" matches to raise collections for the top guys? Maybe it would allow a few of the top talents, who do not have full factory rides, to make the match.

Before anyone starts, NO I am not looking for this help for me, just wondering if there is support for our top guys.

Hi I shoot ipsc and regarding flex's question. the 126 does not fit the box so you have to cut the front a little. The 124 fit and you can add an additional plus 1 basepad.

total capacity for 40 is 17-18 rounds.

Dirtypool,

If the uspsa does not give anything to the gold team, i think its the same with our Philippine team. We usually shoulder everything including air fare and accomodations.

The US standard shooters rock!!! We cant seem to beat them. :) How do you guys do it??? YOu shoot like your own open shooters :wacko:

I think the JET will be coming to shoot best regards to all fellow shooters. :)

If the uspsa does not give anything to the gold team, i think its the same with our Philippine team. We usually shoulder everything including air fare and accomodations.

For WSXIII in South Africa, members of the Philipppine Gold Team were only fully sponsored if they achieved a certain percentile (if I recall correctly, it was 95%) of the top competitor in their division by the end of the team selection process (a series of matches throughout the preceding year).

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to go and may if I can get a slot.If anyone goes and wants some team shirts let me know and I will take care of it. I will send " TEAM PRIVATEER AMERICA " with some killer looking embroidered shooting shirts and some screen printed t-shirts.Shoot for yourself, the USA and the USPSA,be proud and let it be known.

Thanks Grim, it's still over a year away but let's keep talking about this and try to get the American "Privateers" to dress as some sort of team, maybe get the BE logo on there too.

Feel free to email me privately. Sounds like you have an embroidery connection...