Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 brass ("Non-Toxic")

hopalong

We purchased a 44Gallon drum of mixed brass from the local Police and 1/3 of the 9mm was NT, as we sell it to people who do not usually have a 1050 we ran 25K through a tumbler and then the 1050. All now sorted. Only took two weeks with my daughter doing all the cranking on the handle.

Now for the 223Brass.!!!!

I always hate when I get one of those dang things in the press since I use a 650.. It usually results in a crushed $.04 primer.. though I have other uses for it now and would be glad to take all the 9mm nt brass of your hands these days.

Edited by sargenv

I guess my OCD is not such a bad thing after all as I already sort every thing. I do remember some NT, AMERC, GTL, WCC and HSM in the last batch of 45 I inspected. In 40 I discovered a lot of *Federal* and Speer in the latest batch of LE range pickup along with the normal amount of Winchester and nickel Federal. The 9mm is WCC red primer sealed stuff probably left by the Air Dales.

I picked up 25 cases of 45 the last time I was at the range. Looked at the headstamps and saw NT, then noticed the primer. They are small primers, and crimped. They all went in the trash. Sign of things to come I think.