Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

226 X-5 conversion

rider82

I have a conversion and it works on my X5 All Around. Not sure it works on a regular X5 though. I have more misfires with it on the All Around

than on my regular P226. That is most likely due to the lighter hammer spring in the AA. The 226 is pretty much stock.

I haven't put the stock hammer spring back in it to verify that is what is causeing the misfires but feel pretty confident it's the reason.

Craig

It works on my X5 Allround and my X5 comp. 18lb mainspring gives reliable igntion with CCI mini-mags. 17lb sets them off about 95+% of the time. The only ammo that consitently runs well for me with the conversions has been mini-mags and Aguila 40gr super extra.

It works on my X5 Allround and my X5 comp. 18lb mainspring gives reliable igntion with CCI mini-mags. 17lb sets them off about 95+% of the time. The only ammo that consitently runs well for me with the conversions has been mini-mags and Aguila 40gr super extra.

Can you switch top ends between your two X5s? Just wondering if the All Around top would

fit on the SA lower. I am considering a Tactical for work but would like to use the better sights

on the AA for competition use.

Craig

Can you switch top ends between your two X5s? Just wondering if the All Around top would

fit on the SA lower. I am considering a Tactical for work but would like to use the better sights

on the AA for competition use.

Craig

Yes, the top ends can be swapped. No issues there.

You can even use any regular P226 top end.

Edited by staudacher

• 1 year later...

Who has the best price on the 22 conversion?

Try Top Gun Supply. I can confirm it fits and functions on my All Round.

Joe

I did a little range test today. I put the P226 22 slide on my X-5 All Round frame and it works fine. The 22 magazines fit in my X-5 with the plastic extended mag well P226 grips (modified to fit an X-5). Then I put the X-5 9mm slide on my standard P226 DA/SA frame and it worked perfectly, but the recoil spring is exposed due to the short dust cover. I also put my P226 9mm slide on my X-5 and IT worked perfectly. Basically, it appears you can mix and match P226 and X-5 slides all you want.

The standard P226 trigger bar has to be trimmed at the rear to clear the X-5 frame material that does not exist in a standard P226. Don't ask me how I learned that.

Joe