Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 2011 22 conversion

speed

• 2 weeks later...
Tactical Solution, Marvel and STI they all should work. You just have to try which one work best for your gun.

Tzygae,

I'm trying to decide which one to pick since I don't want to buy all three ;) .

Do you know if one of these three works reliably with Federal Bulk ammo?

I know some conversion kits call for mini mags and such, I personally like to use Federal 36grain, in the red and black 550rd box.

Any idea which kit likes which ammo?

Thanks!

Edited by Team Amish 1

My STI 2011 conversion would not run on a para cut frame. It will run on a Nowlin cut frame.

3 out of 5 mags run with Remington Crap ammo fine. The other two don't, but if I just continue to run them a while they will probably start working. That is what happened with the first mag.

If you are planning on reloading only put 9 rounds in the mag or carry a 10# sledge to knock them in the gun. Also the Dawson ICE is too long for the mags. At load and make ready I lock the slide open to insert the mag then hit slide release. I only shoot it in steel matches.

My daughters love that conversion, they can burn 1000 rounds on a plate rack in an hour, that C-more makes them great shots as well.

Tactical Solutions kits work, if tuned to the frame......The kit must be loose on the slide to frame fit to be reliable, and the ejector must be tuned to the ejector on the frame. The STI tactical solution mags work great. TacSol put a lot of time and money into them. I have 5 of them that work flawlessly with CCI minimags on two different frames. The Tacsol unit works with ammo that the Marvel pukes on, period.

If I had to get my friends or kids a kit, it would be the Tactical solutions kit, period.

DougC

Hi Team Amish 1,

I have STI conversion kit because in Europe they don't sell Tactical Solutions conversion kit.

My STI conversion kit works just great with all ammo that I have tried. My friend who live in U.S.A. and have Tactical Solutions conversion kit told me that it is the best what he have ever have. I have heard and read a lot of good from Tactical Solutions conversion kits so if I have ever change to buy one of those I will.

Mags are usually the weak point with conversion kits. Tactical Solutions and STI conversion kit new mags should be good ones.

When I and 3 of my friends had CZ conversion kits they all liked different ammo. So get the best conversion kit for you and find the best ammo for it (accurate and reliable).

Hi Team Amish 1,

I have STI conversion kit because in Europe they don't sell Tactical Solutions conversion kit.

My STI conversion kit works just great with all ammo that I have tried. My friend who live in U.S.A. and have Tactical Solutions conversion kit told me that it is the best what he have ever have. I have heard and read a lot of good from Tactical Solutions conversion kits so if I have ever change to buy one of those I will.

Mags are usually the weak point with conversion kits. Tactical Solutions and STI conversion kit new mags should be good ones.

When I and 3 of my friends had CZ conversion kits they all liked different ammo. So get the best conversion kit for you and find the best ammo for it (accurate and reliable).

When I'm ready, I'm going with the tacsol. there are so many options for a long dc gun like mine.

I had a Marvel. Every time you take it off the frame you have to re-sight when you put it back on. The guide rod tightens the unit to the frame.

No such problem with the TS. I use it on my wide body and single stack frames. The zero stays the same. The ejector needs to be tuned but that is quite easy to do. The mags are great. Spend the money on TS. Look in the Classifieds I think Don Bednorz had a certificate for sale. Also you can buy an additional rail so you can use optics or iron sights.