Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High lead levels!

lugnut

Lead test came back from last week- 56!! I was in shock. I practice maybe two times a week indoors now with the winter and all but I had no idea my level would be that high. I did another blood test today to check the levels- I can only pray that they come back low and there was mistake with the first test. I don't eat or smoke when shooting and am always washing my hands. I'm a tad freaked out right now. The irony is a I really don't have any symptoms but was fortunate that I insisted that my Dr test me for lead... he didn't want to.

Oh well... be safe everyone. Damn I love shooting so much this really hurts. This sport is so awesome but now I might have to take some time off. :(

MODS- I hope if there is some discussion on this the thread it can just be moved... I wasn't sure where to put it other than here....

Lead test came back from last week- 56!! I was in shock. I practice maybe two times a week indoors now with the winter and all but I had no idea my level would be that high. I did another blood test today to check the levels- I can only pray that they come back low and there was mistake with the first test. I don't eat or smoke when shooting and am always washing my hands. I'm a tad freaked out right now. The irony is a I really don't have any symptoms but was fortunate that I insisted that my Dr test me for lead... he didn't want to.

Oh well... be safe everyone. Damn I love shooting so much this really hurts. This sport is so awesome but now I might have to take some time off. :(

MODS- I hope if there is some discussion on this the thread it can just be moved... I wasn't sure where to put it other than here....

Sorry to hear that Dave. Good luck with getting everything resolved. I've been shooting indoor bullseye this winter, so I'm shooting inside at least once every week. Maybe I should get tested as well.

I am guessing that this thread will get moved out of the hate forum. First of all, here are some related threads:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=788667

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=210800

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=211041

Since you are shooting indoors, I am guessing that your location is somewhere cold. If it is not cool in the bays with a fairly strong tailwind, talk to the range owners about their ventilation system. Watch other shooters to see if their smoke cloud blows downrange quickly. The range that I use has a system that has pretty strong airflow. A piece of paper will get blown down range if it is not weighted down. I would hope that they would be interested in helping their customers stay healthy!

Later,

Chuck