Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Finish on Match Elite Slide

Barry Davis

I have an Elite Match in 9mm. It is my main carry gun and I would trust my life to it. It shoots like a dream and I practice with it a lot. I have had it a year and have put about 6000 rounds thru it.

The finish is really starting to wear off on the slide groove. I have been using CLP for lubrication, but apparantly due to the extremely tight fit of the slide, it is not enough. I recently bought some slide glide and it seems to do a much better job.

My question is about touching up the black finish on the slide. What can I use. Any ideas?

I have an Elite Match in 9mm. It is my main carry gun and I would trust my life to it. It shoots like a dream and I practice with it a lot. I have had it a year and have put about 6000 rounds thru it.

The finish is really starting to wear off on the slide groove. I have been using CLP for lubrication, but apparantly due to the extremely tight fit of the slide, it is not enough. I recently bought some slide glide and it seems to do a much better job.

My question is about touching up the black finish on the slide. What can I use. Any ideas?

I have no idea what you could touch it up with, but if it is not rusting, I would leave it alone.

If you are going to fix it you would most likely have to do the whole slide.