Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Our club (Southeast Michigan Practical Shooters) will be hosting the USPSA Area 5 3-Gun match, July 9-11. It will be a two days of shooting affair, so you get to shoot Th-Fr or Sat-Sun. We'll have 15 stages, and the round count looks like it will be in the area of 300+

This is in place of the State Championship we were going to co-host, not in addition to.

We'll be giving out awards (I'm not sure about loot or just trophys, yet) for Open, Tactical and Limited. Still discussing such things as He-Man, etc.

The web page has more info, as we work it out, and the webmistress posts it.

www.livingstongunclub.org

See you there.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save the children and women-folk!

Who knows . . . I may surprise you and actually show. Would you guys allow me to use a truck to get around? I know it's a "special accomodation" at some ranges, but it might be my only choice (if it's even possible).

Are you shooting the Area 5 pistol match at Silver Creek in 2004? I've already entered!

• 1 month later...

:D Here it is guys!!! We are going to have 15 courses of fire + chrono. It will be 300+ rounds, and have some pretty ingenious stages (total run 'n gun fun!!!). Go to livingstongunclub.org and click "Major Matches", or go to the area 5 website and click the "Michigan" heading for match info. Match applications will be posted on March 1st, and will be in the next issue of Frontsight. This match will have as many stages as most nationals matches do, and will be at a cost of only $125!!! It will include a polo shirt, and paybacks with only 150 slots available. Dates are July 8,9 for match staff and 10, 11 for everyone else.

Regards,

Jeff LaFave

jlafave@mich.com

Match Director

A53G

Jeff is the new blood at our club, with lots of energy and ideas. (We'll wear him out in due time, I'm sure.)

The plan is two days of shooting, with seven and eight stages. Shoot, teardown and re-set, then shoot again.

We now have eight bays, although #8 will look like a cross between Apocolype Now and the end of Saving Private Ryan.

:rolleyes: Thanks for the flattery guys.  We will do our best to live up to your expectations!!!  We hope you can all get out to this match...We just keep uppin' the ante!!!!

Regards,

Jeff LaFave

Yeah, Jeff will be riding around in his golf cart all the time cracking his whip on the backs of we grunts who do all the work! :huh::huh::D:D

• 2 months later...

I will be shooting in this years Area 5 3gun Championship for the first time.

This will be my 2nd 3 gun match I have shot in. Looking for some info on how the match was last year . I could not travel to nationals this year, so this will be the next best thing for me to the nationals. What little info I have, it looks like a great match.

Thanks Louie

A45530

Area 5 has never had a three gun championship before. By coincidence, the three gun nationals have been in Illinois lately, so one was not needed. Since the nationals moved to the west side of the country, we decided to do the first one. We will have 14-15 stages with a round count of 350+. As was last years Nationals, it will be up close and personal. That is all the hint I can give you, but suffice to say, it will be a blast!!! We will have some real unique stages that require some quick thinking. Fort further info see livingstongunclub.org.

Jeff LaFave

Co-MD A53G

• 2 months later...

You will all be happy to know that we have made CONSIDERABLE changes to the terrain and the access points to all the ranges. It is now extremely easy to manuever about the club without any problem. If you have a wagon or 3-Gun cart, you are really in the gravy, as all ranges can now accomodate them. We have prepared some additional parking areas, and will have shade on every range. Water will be available, and you will find that there is actually less walking than you have probably experienced at any other area match. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to drop me a PM or post here. B)

Jeff & Carl

Area 5 3-Gun MD's

Holy Crap!

You guys really want me to shoot with you, don't you! Now that's what I call an engraved invitation for a pachyderm to shoot some freakin' 3-Gun in Michigan!

I will have to reconsider my schedule ...

Wait ... before I commit to anything, let's make sure that our respective definitions of "extremely easy to maneuver about the club" are in the same ball park ...

And do you have the physical address of the club so I can plug it into Yahoo! maps and get directions? The directions on the web site only have them from nearby cities and I have no idea which will be my local point of reference (If I come, it will be from West Central Indiana).

Edited by rhino

Never mind ... I looked at a map and it looks like my best bet would be to take I69 to I94, the I94 to Ann Arbor, and from there to the club.

Now ... to find the time and the $$$ ...

Rhino,

I'm 6' 3" and 340#. If my a$$ can get around this thing...so can you. I brought in bulldozers, excavators, skid steers, and tree clearers. In short...TEAM DESTRUCTION was activated for temporary duty!!! They only let us out of our cage in EXTREME SITUATIONS. The BoD does not take it lightly when they mull over the decision to "release the kracken". It was with a somber sigh and shrug of the shoulders that they decided they needed to do so and make it accessible for the masses. We are not exactly "save the spotted owl-types", and as a result the devastation was extreme. But rest assured, there will be no problem for us "rotund ones" when it comes time to shoot the match. In short, return your pop cans and hitch a ride up here!!! If I don't have a response from you soon, I'll have to fire up the grill...the wafting scent should draw you in. :D

Later,

Jeff

Using the alluring scent of barbecue is dirty pool!

I've sent messages to potential accomplices in this endeavor, but I don't think anyone will be able to get vacation time at this juncture.

But I'm trying!