Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic carrier release button install on M2?

bladewurk

I left mine in the gun. I do have a few more tools around than the average guy though. I cut a block of wood to fit perfectly onto the reciever to support the back of the button, and taped (blue painters masking tape) the entire reciever to protect it while working with it. I then drilled the proper sized hole with my drill press and tapped it. Make sure to thouroghly blow away any chips/shavings and otherwise clean it realy well before puting it back together.

I left mine in the gun. I do have a few more tools around than the average guy though. I cut a block of wood to fit perfectly onto the reciever to support the back of the button, and taped (blue painters masking tape) the entire reciever to protect it while working with it. I then drilled the proper sized hole with my drill press and tapped it. Make sure to thouroghly blow away any chips/shavings and otherwise clean it realy well before puting it back together.

Thanks I think i need to take mine out so I'll keep looking for disassemly tips ..

Or an adhesive mount

After removing the trigger group assembly just punch out the roll pin in the receiver that the carrier release pivots on and be careful not to lose the spring.

The hard part will be clamping it and locating the center of the pin to drill and tap the screw hole.

Drive the pin out from the top down, its easier to tap it back in from the bottom. Don't drive it all the way out, it will be easier to reinstall the carrier relase if you drive the pin out just far enough for the carrier release to be removed.

Edited by TMC