Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What moon clips for 627-3 ?

Eagle40

Depends on what you're going to do with it. I bought hearthcos but they are around 6 bucks a piece. If you're not shooting competition I'd stick with something like ranch.

Put another way, if you are going to compete, either Hearthco....or...Hearthco. The 627 fires without moonclips, so, if you are just shooting at the firing line buy anything or nothing IMHO

Depends on the type of match you are shooting.

Reloading on the clock (ICORE or USPSA) probably should use Hearthco. Hearthco clips work best with specific brands of brass.

Not reloading intensive (Steel Challenge) TK Custom or Ranch. I'm paranoid, so I keep one Hearthco loaded clip on my belt even for Steel Challenge. (Hoping I'm not going to need a reload.) :roflol:

Good luck!

Seiichi

Thanks for everybody who responded. :rolleyes: For sure , I'm gonna buy those moonclips from Hearthco based on your recommendations. I might try a revolver division with this gun in USPSA eventhough it has 8 shots. Coz' I still need to find out if there's any ICORE match nearby. But, I will get a 625 in the future coz' that's what most people used if I'm not mistaken. Thanks again!

I agree. I use mixed moonclips in my .45s, but for the 8-shooters I use only Hearthco clips (forsaking all others). :)

100% correct.

Dave Hearth will make clips to perfectly fit whatever brass you are using. He is the man.

I agree. I use mixed moonclips in my .45s, but for the 8-shooters I use only Hearthco clips (forsaking all others). :)

100% correct.

Dave Hearth will make clips to perfectly fit whatever brass you are using. He is the man.

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: