Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firing few shots than required

sperman

Let's say there is a stage layout where it is an advantage for the competitor to only engage a few targets with 1 round. (Say a revolver shooter comes to the final position and there are 4 targets. The Hit Factor says 2 mikes is better than the reload.) Is there any additional penalty for not putting 2 rounds on each target?

Does it make a difference based on what's in the WSB? For example, here is El Pres' WSB:

"Upon start signal, turn then draw and from Box A engage T1-T3 with only two rounds per target, then perform a mandatory reload and from Box A engage T1-T3 with only two rounds per target."

and here is the WSB for another classifier:

"Upon start signal, from Box A engage only T1-T2 and PP1-PP2..."

In the second one, nowhere does it say how many shots must be fired on each target.

I have a feeling this has probably been discussed in the past, but I couldn't find it. If so, please point me in the correct direction and close this thread.

Thanks,

Let's say there is a stage layout where it is an advantage for the competitor to only engage a few targets with 1 round. (Say a revolver shooter comes to the final position and there are 4 targets. The Hit Factor says 2 mikes is better than the reload.) Is there any additional penalty for not putting 2 rounds on each target?

Does it make a difference based on what's in the WSB? For example, here is El Pres' WSB:

"Upon start signal, turn then draw and from Box A engage T1-T3 with only two rounds per target, then perform a mandatory reload and from Box A engage T1-T3 with only two rounds per target."

and here is the WSB for another classifier:

"Upon start signal, from Box A engage only T1-T2 and PP1-PP2..."

In the second one, nowhere does it say how many shots must be fired on each target.

I have a feeling this has probably been discussed in the past, but I couldn't find it. If so, please point me in the correct direction and close this thread.

Thanks,

9.5.1 Unless otherwise specified in the written stage briefing, scoring paper

targets must be shot with a minimum of one round each, with the best

two hits to score. Scoring metal targets must be shot with a minimum

of one round each and must fall to score.

Otherwise, the appropriate penalties per 9.4 apply, including miss penalties worth twice a scoring hit.

You pays your money and makes your choice. :cheers:

Curtis

Edited: to clarify a point.

Edited by BayouSlide

The competitor always has that choice --- upon exercising it, miss and FTE penalties apply as appropriate.....

But if a paper target is engaged with only one round (when you are supposed to have 2) you get a miss only right? No FTE right?