Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacements for Oakley Pro M Frames

STIGUY

I am thinking of replacing my primary shooting glasses from Oakley Pro M Frames. These never really fit my face that well and I obtain these because I thought all the "cool" like Rob Leatham worn them...so I had to have a pair. Additionally, I had a gift certificate for Calellas....and they carried them. I have tried some Oakley Flak Jackets and they seem to fit better on my face, so I was thinking of going with them. Two questions, should I spend the extra for Polarize lenses so that I can use them for say fishing also or is the extra cost ($60) be more of a hinderance in shooting...i.e. is there some visual disadvantages in shooting with these type of lenses. Also, I have seen post of the Rudy Project glasses....and it seems that the company supports (shooting team) the sport. Went to their website and I was wondering what model would be appropriate? Saw the tactical models (isn't that good marketing) to guys.....and the lense shape was kind of a wrap around style. Secondly, do they have retail dealers....to try these on or is it all done over the net?

THANKS

I am thinking of replacing my primary shooting glasses from Oakley Pro M Frames. These never really fit my face that well and I obtain these because I thought all the "cool" like Rob Leatham worn them...so I had to have a pair. Additionally, I had a gift certificate for Calellas....and they carried them. I have tried some Oakley Flak Jackets and they seem to fit better on my face, so I was thinking of going with them. Two questions, should I spend the extra for Polarize lenses so that I can use them for say fishing also or is the extra cost ($60) be more of a hinderance in shooting...i.e. is there some visual disadvantages in shooting with these type of lenses. Also, I have seen post of the Rudy Project glasses....and it seems that the company supports (shooting team) the sport. Went to their website and I was wondering what model would be appropriate? Saw the tactical models (isn't that good marketing) to guys.....and the lense shape was kind of a wrap around style. Secondly, do they have retail dealers....to try these on or is it all done over the net?

THANKS

Buy some Rudy's here on the forum. 40% off for a few more weeks. I shot with a guy this weekend who was wearing Oakley and asked to try my new Genetyk's. All he could say was, "I should not have tried those on". They were that good!

I actually found a dealer near me but they want retail and have to order them. I usually don't go in for gimmicks or fancy stuff but their glasses are very nice.

I would suggest the new Rudy Shooters kits. With the Genetyk kit you get 3 lens including photochroantic clear and red as well as racing red and a really cool black for non shooting use. Or try the Rydons Kit You get 5 lenses. Both are great values and the product is the best by far. I have neeb using Rydons is wHta for 6 years and just got the Genetyks. Forum members get 40 percent off if thet use the discount code.

Never had any trouble with a red dot sight but then I've only used a C–more. Reading the screen of my CED timer is all but impossible. When I know I'm going to use it, I trade my polarized lenses for un–polarized ones.

But I prefer the polarized lenses for just about everything else, driving, sailing, biking, etc.

Lou

Go to the vendor section and check out e-rudy. Lots of info there about Rudy eye wear. The 2 shooters kits they have are hard to beat especially with the 40% off discount. Plus they support our sport. Always good to give back to those who give to us.