Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21SF for CDP in IDPA.

babob

Ted-The Glock part for the G20/G21/G29/G30 magazine catch is SP 01035; for the extended magazine catch for all 9mm, .40, .380, .357, and .45 GAP models is SP 01981 (and it's the standard magazine catch for the G34/G35).

Best, Jon

That's interesting. I've got an old parts listing for all the models from 17 to 37 -- it predates the SF models. There are three mag catches on the list -- 1739 for the Glock 36; 287 for the standard small frame Glocks, and 1981 for the 20, 21, 29, 30, 34, 35, 24, and 17L.

I don't know what 1035 fits --- but is it possible they changed it at some point? Could it be the part number for the SF frames? Or did they change the mag catch for the 20, 21, 29, and 30?

Nik (and Ted)-I looked at one of my old Glock Parts lists (2005 is the earliest that I still have), and I have to agree-the SP 01981 is concurrently listed as both the extended magazine catch for all the "standard" full size frame models, and as the specified magazine catch for the large frame .45 ACP/10mm models. At that point, there was no SP 01035 magazine catch.

Subsequently, on my 2007 Parts List (I don't have the 2006 edition), the SP 01035 makes its appearance-for the large framed G20/G21/G29/G30-but interestingly, specifically NOT for the G21 SF (What was used for the SF models isn't specified-which makes me think that the exclusion is a typo). Subsequently, the SP 01035 WAS specified for the SF models (albeit NOT for the ambi magazine release models, which used the SP 05325 catch, the SP 05323 magazine release button, and the SP 05315 flat magazine catch spring).

So-where does this leave us? Glock historically has incrimentally modified/refined/improved parts with little or no public announcement, introducing them into the production line (particularly if no adjacent components/frames/slides are needed to be modified). It would be interesting to copare side-by-side a SP 01981 magazine catch with the current specified SP 01035 part, and see how they compare, both in and out of the receiver.

The $64,000 question is, of course, "Is the current SP 01035 part interchangable with earlier (pre 2006 or 2007) frames?" I frankly don't know, but I suspect that it is; otherwise Glock would need to specify so on the current Parts List-and concurrrently annotate the SP 01981 part for the earlier large frame models.

Best, Jon

• 1 month later...

Well, I finally got my Warren Tact. sights in the mail today and finished my G21SF.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. (See pics below.)

List:

1) Ghost 3.5# Connector.

2) $0.25 Trigger job.

3) WOLF Extra Power Trigger Spring.

4) WOLF Reduced Power Safety Plunger Spring.

5) Warren Tactical Rear w/ FO Front Sight.

6) Custom Crayola (White) slide bling. LOL!

7) Extended Slide Release.

I tried and extended magazine release, but found that I preferred the OEM one.

I still need to order a holster but can't make up my mind on whether to get a

belt or another paddle holster. It will be a Comp-Tac, I just need to decide.

Oh yeah and at least another 4-6 magazines. :D

CDP division...HERE I COME! :devil:

G21SF0128x6.jpg

G21SF0048x6.jpg

Nice slide bling. :) Crayola? Seriously? Or are you just yanking our chains? :lol:

I've never heard of using crayons before. I've seen Bonanza Silver though. Assuming you're not joking, I wonder how well the crayola would last once the gun starts heating up, especially on the slide around the barrel which can get quite hot. Crayons are, after all, mostly wax.

• 4 weeks later...

I am running a 21SF for CDP as well. I am using a warren rear sight and F/O front. A zev tech connector some polishing and I am off and running. I use a TKW belt holster and matching double mag pouch. Maybe this year will be the year for CDP Master!! Oh well one can only hope and train...ALOT!!!!

• 2 months later...

I think you made a good choice on the Comp-Tac Paddle holster. I think it is just as secure as a belt holster.

I have discovered no matter where my pants come from, the belt loops are not in the right spot.I end up putting the belt holster over top of an unused belt loop and then there is an expanse of unsupported belt.

I shot CDP with a 1911 for a while and then shot it with my CCW G30 and liked the way it performed. I had a chance to buy a like new G21SF with the non ambi mag release and jumped on it. I think it makes a great CDP gun.

As far as the crayon, I played with white and red on some of my Glocks years ago and the heat or anything else never bothered it. I had to use a toothbrush and Acetone to scrub it out when the novelty wore off.

I installed the Vicker's Ext. magazine release and man did it make a difference. I'll assume it's IDPA legal for CDP? :rolleyes:

After ~ 500 rds. of practice ammo and one IDPA 90 round classifier, the Crayola is holding up just fine. :)

I shot my CDP classifier with it this past weekend and it was only the third trip to the range with my 21SF. I shot my SSP classifier first with my G19 and retained my Expert status, then I got on my new Comp-Tac gear and much heavier magazines to shoot my CDP class. I was very pleased with way it handled, so much so that I am no longer a CDP SS, I moved to EX! I've given serious thought to shooting ESP with it, but there's no way I can keep my G34 in the safe. ;)

I installed the Vicker's Ext. magazine release and man did it make a difference. I'll assume it's IDPA legal for CDP? :rolleyes:

I love mine, fer shure. So much so I just ordered two more from Brownells to go on the G17 and G19, in addition to the one already on the G34. Yes, it's legal in CDP - and ESP, too, for that matter.

After ~ 500 rds. of practice ammo and one IDPA 90 round classifier, the Crayola is holding up just fine. :)

Cool! :lol: