Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 Conversion 9mm - .40S&W

OK Sports fans,

I have 1050 with the 9mm shellplate. Can I get away with using the smae shellplate to load .40 by just switching the buttons from the #3 to the #2?

Probably not. I load 9mm on my "W" plate but I don't think that the 40 cases will fit. Try it. Take a 40 case and see if it will fit. I do not think it will IIRC.

Hello: It should work on your 1050. I have used the 40 plate to load 9mm before but the odd 9mm case will pull out of the plate when sized. I have not tried it the other way around. When I change over the setup I clean the press fully even under the shellplate. Try it and see what happens. Thanks, Eric

• 1 month later...

On the 550, the plates are the same and they split the difference in the head size it seems.

On the 1050, the plates are different. There's a bit of a side to side wobble with a 9mm on the .40 (W) plate. I have my 1050 packed up for a trip back to Dillon (with the 9mm plate on) so I can't test a .40 case on the 9mm plate right now.

I would say one can sub to save money for a short term, but long term I advise using the caliber specific plate.

OK Sports fans,

I have 1050 with the 9mm shellplate. Can I get away with using the smae shellplate to load .40 by just switching the buttons from the #3 to the #2?

You can use a 40 shellplate (W) with #3 Locator Buttons to load 9mm, but you can't load 40 with a 9mm Shellplate.

be