Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

European Championship 2004

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

It's now 759 competitors (for a Level IV, not a World Shoot!!!), and I believe all the previously missing Regions are now listed. The last World Shoot in South Africa in 2002 was 800 competitors, but these days we even have some Level III matches with 600 competitors.

And so far this year, we already have four (4) newly accepted Provisional Regions (Estonia, Latvia, Malta and Suriname), plus a few more "cooking" and ready to go soon.

As you can see, the growth is fantastic, but this presents us with considerable challenges of the positive kind :wacko:

what kind of challenges ? spreading the word or administering the organisation?

Getting everyone slots for starters - EC2004 is now up to 766 competitors, and I know many Regions who requested additional slots had to be declined. I think they could've easily had 800 to 900 competitors, but there are only so many competitors you can handle in X days, and our ROs would rather not ru stages with flashlights ;)

Sure, more Regions also means more Admin, but that's a minor issue. The biggest challenge, albeit a terrific one to have, is the membership growth and the resultant demand for more matches, more slots, more ROs etc.

We're working on those things, but there's no simple solution.

NPSA,

I went this spring to the MedCup (a 28-stages, 450-rounds minimum match) with 700 rounds, and brought back home more than 200. Didn't experience any re-shoot and needed only 3 rounds for chrono purposes... :)

He Skywalker, I went to the Swiss 2004 in Solothurn with 207 rounds minimum, had a nice match, though a little bit wet and cold in may. Nice DVD I made (want to buy for € 5,=? I can deliver it in Tabor).

I brought 300 rounds with me, had a re-shoot in the first stage, consisting of 32 rounds and the RO just let shoot me the whole stage and told me he noticed the pactimer did not show a time. He had better stopped me right away before the reload and when the mag fell in the deep mud.

After the match I only had 30 rounds of ammo left. Just another re-shoot and you will be wondering if you ever will make it through the match.

1000 rounds is a minimum ;)

Just kidding, I'll bring 1000 in case of anything.

At the last world shoot, I brought 1000 rounds and did flew back home with 0 rounds left, only 10 empty boxes and my box of Hydrashok for the G26 ;)

100 were used in practice the day before, 770 used for the match and the last 130 were given to a local shooter.

I carry more for friends (or for me )if they ever have any kind of trouble.

At the WSXIII I had ordered the ammo in front, the ammo I allready got at the airport € 100,= for 1.000 rounds 9x19. In the second stage after 29 rounds I allready was DQ-ed. Nobody wanted to have the ammo, it was forbidden by Jhonnie Gildenhuys to shoot them at the practice range because of my DQ in the match, so I sold 750 rounds for a low price to the guy of the chrono and the rest I gave away to one of the gunstores on the range.

In CZ I will take 1.000 rounds with me and what is still left after the match I will use at the matches in september 2004.

Because of my DQ I could make a nice film of the WSXIII 2002 (If you want a copy on DVD for just € 8,= I can deliver it at the range in CZ).

Hey I'm interested in a copy of the DVD.

You bring some in Tabor ?

Please put one for me aside ok ?

BTW, any of you know if there will be some tapes or Cd or whatever recorded at the EC ?

I bought a tape from WS13, and I was very disappointed by the quality of that tape.

Hey those guys were supposed to be professionals !

OK, just come up to me at the match, you can't miss, I am 203 cm in length with heavy shoulders and a big belly, I am a shooter from the dutch region. Hervé, Eddy, Matteo know me if you know them. I am Arie, shooting production.

PS: I made a copy of the CD which is now on DVD, quality though is poor, you can see it is digital, but nice pictures for sure.

PS: except for the Brazil 1996 match I have following films on DVD, WSX 1993, EC1995, EC1998, WSXII 1999, EC2001, WSXIII 2002, Swiss 2001/2002/2004. All are € 5,= +pp only the DVD WSXIII 2002 is € 8,= +pp. I don't make any profit with it, those are no-commercial DVD's.

I am planning to make my own DVD of the EC2004 in CZ. If enough shooters do also make film on video8 or digital maybe I can use their material also to make a better film with more international shooters. Don't forget I have to shoot a competition myself also.

Hi guys,

According to the SQUAD LIST the EC2004 is now up to 814 competitors, which even surpasses the numbers of the 2002 World Shoot in South Africa, so the pressure is really going to be on our buddies in Ecuador for the 2005 World Shoot. Hey, who knows, maybe we can somehow break the magic 1,000 barrier?

Anyway, the EC2004 is going to be a fabulous match (and party every night) and I'm really disappointed that I can't make it, but I wish you all clear front sights, crisp triggers and high hit factors.

And extra special good luck to BE Forum members ;)

I wish you all clear front sights, crisp triggers and high hit factors

You means for shooting or for the parties ;)

It seems that "half day" organization would be easier to regulate than having 650 shooters on range all day long.

Guess we'll see by ourselves in two weeks.

NPSA 86 - 259 :

Can you also put aside a copy of EC2001 and Swiss nationals 2001 ?

Thanks in advance.